Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you got it?

Do you have your Cornbeef for tomorrow's dinner yet? For those who like it and are making it, what's your preferred method? I like to slow cook it all day, and make Reubens out of it. I like to eat it with Potatoes and Cabbage first, but my family likes to skip that step and move right on to the Reubens, so it has become our tradition.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you got it?

Just got back from the grocery store - my Kroger's was out of corned beef!! Had to run to Aldi's and they had plenty left.

I do mine in the crock pot with onions, potatoes and carrots. Then cook the cabbage on the stove with some of the juice from the crock pot. IF we have leftovers, we do sandwiches. Mmmmmm....can't wait until tomorrow!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
    Just got back from the grocery store - my Kroger's was out of corned beef!! Had to run to Aldi's and they had plenty left.

I do mine in the crock pot with onions, potatoes and carrots. Then cook the cabbage on the stove with some of the juice from the crock pot. IF we have leftovers, we do sandwiches. Mmmmmm....can't wait until tomorrow!
    Good for you! Hold on to traditions. I wonder if I will have to go all the way to Aldi's? My small town store may be out too. Ugh... But, Dh wants to go to the Price Club anyway... So we will be on the hunt! Happy St. Patti's day to you! (Yes, I'm Irish) Irish and Scott. I will use my family Tartan for a table runner tomorrow!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    Do you have your Cornbeef for tomorrow's dinner yet? For those who like it and are making it, what's your preferred method? I like to slow cook it all day, and make Reubens out of it. I like to eat it with Potatoes and Cabbage first, but my family likes to skip that step and move right on to the Reubens, so it has become our tradition.
    Why are we eating corned beef? Is this a good luck thing like black eyed peas on new years?
    "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's St Patrick's Day and us Irish tend to eat corned beef and cabbage. There might even be some green beer in the mix for some folks! On my Dad's side, all 4 of his grandparents came to the US from Ireland....
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My Moms maiden name was Mac Namara.......no corned beef here.
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yummm slow cook ours in the oven with Cabbage - Leftovers?? sometimes then yummy Rubens!!

What tartan is yours Kennsington?

My fav is Black Stewart though it's not one I "should" be allowed to wear - but ... hey it's America we can do what we want lmao

Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine and I cook it slow on the stove. Carrots potatoes cabbage and corn beef in one pot. I do it Jan. 1st also , something about good luck for the New Year But sad to say it didn't work for me but it does taste good.

Hugs Ann

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got ours last night. I slow cook mine on the stove top and make an American Soda bread to go with it. It really is so moist, just like a cake. Maybe I will post the recipe later.
    Last edited by Lisapc; March 16th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This will be the 3rd year for my annual Corned Beef Dinner... we've extended to 5 couples this year... i'm the one that likes to "entertain cook"... last year one of the newer couples hubby,,, said, "if your cookin' i'm comin"...LOL
    Here at Oakpoint... i am one of the very few that still loves to cook... not fancy, just home cooking,,, and i hate most of whatever i get "out" except for pizza... so it's gotta be Next Friday March22... all were available then... DH andi went "cherry pickin" as my DD calls it, for the bargains... i'm all set... will clean house on Wed... (never again do it all the day before... getting too old for that)... Guests will arrive at 5...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"