Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday , St Patricks Day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	st pat.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	42945

Hey Folksies!

It's Sunday, St Paddy's Day and it appears as if it is gonna be a beautiful day, Yesterday here in my area of NC, it was too pretty to work but work I did. My forsythia is beginning to bloom, plum and pear trees are setting their ready to show off - methinks it is a wee bit early for all of this but I reckon even plants resist a good, sunny mild day.

Funny thing about yesterday. I posted a morning hello and it must have gotten lost in the cyber world somewhere. Don't know how that happens - I was unaware of it until last night when I peeked in.

Today will be rather quiet hopefully for us. I plan on visiting with DD, checking in on Sis and of course, Mom. Maybe a smallish nap along the way.

Praying for each member here that is on my list and then some

Blessings and lots of smiles

Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday , St Patricks Day

Top o' the morning to ya! I don't have any flowers, but I do have two very young maples in my front yard (a "normal" one and a Norwegian red) and I can't WAIT to see those leaves again! They're so beautiful when they are full of leaves, and in the winter they just look like little sticks lol Poor things. The red one got a good covering of freezing rain and was bent over touching the ground, but it has since melted and it's standing (almost) upright again.

Pretty quiet day here today as well. I did a little too much yesterday and today I'm paying for it so my plan for today is to do as little as possible lol

Happy St. Patrick's Day all!

May the sun shine, all day long,
    everything go right, and nothing wrong.
    May those you love bring love back to you,
    and may all the wishes you wish come true!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	st-patricks.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	42946
    Good morning...

Getting ready to go get groceries. DH thinks we have to go to grocery before daylight and he's rushing me to get ready. ugggh

Going to work in my sewing room for the rest of the day.

Well better get myself in gear. Have a great day! Prayers and hugs to all..

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time -- a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Day and Happy St. Patty's to ya. Getting here a tad early for me.. Enjoying the quiet time. It really is nice to have a bit of time to just wake up "gently".

The birds are not awake just yet. They love to Nest on the eves of the back patio roof. Every Spring it is pretty noisy with the mating and claiming territory. DD has been putting out bird feeders in the front and back yard. I had to make her move a couple since they were right where we walk in and out. (messes as well as interrupting the birds) The Squirrels found the "feeders" right away..!!!!
    AND The Dogs DON'T like the Squirrels. It's gonna be an interesting Spring around here.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning All,

I'm sitting here in the sunroom watching the sun rise and enjoying the peace of the early morning. We got a dusting of snow last night but I don't think it will be on the ground long at this time of the year. I am so looking forward to spring and warmer weather.
    Managed to get a few more blocks done on my double chocolate quilt, hopefully I'll get a few more done today.
    Going to have our corn beef and colcannon for dinner tonight, yum!
    Sending out healing thoughts and prayers for our members in need of some. Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy St. Patty's day! The Irish in me wants to eat corned beef and cabbage, but cooking all that for one seems sort of silly. I may satisfy my urge by getting a Rueben sandwich at Arby's! Finally out from under the costuming demands, so I have tons of fabrics calling my name. I want to try several of the patterns that Jenny has demonstrated lately. Want to try the Big Star, but finding the right combination of fabrics is proving to be a challenge. Not sure what to do about that. Several of the forum members have made these. Did you use layer cake collections? Did you have to get two later cakes packages to get the right combination of lights and darks? I'm getting confused about this. Also want to try D9P on point and D4P.

Our weather here is not springlike, we have a prediction for snow, which will dampen the St. Patricks Day parade in one of our Irish neighborhoods. Might cut down on the beer consumption, also! Such is life! That'll make up for it sometime!

Havea wonderful, restful, fun Sunday.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

We are visiting our DS and his family. This afternoon there is a shower for the new baby. The ultrasound says we will have a great grand son. Babys are so wonderful! I made some flannel burp cloths after watching a tutorial and decided to embroider on a couple of them. I had forgotten how much fun it is to use the embroidery machine. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	42949

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

G'morning everyone . .

hubby still in the bed *Yaaaay*~ - and all the babie crawled back into their beds -- N'hood is sleeping as well -- the sun is up and bright . . so it might be a nice day -- only household things to get done today before I jump into my world

top of the yum yum list -- is old fashion strawberry shortcake with hot vanilla pudding - just like grandma use to make

hope everyone has a Shamrock Day ; )

Name:	DianeClovers01J.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	42950
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since Navy daughter is home on leave...the request for breakfast this morning is biscuits and sausage gravy! And then, hopefully, the house gets caught up today, the softball team scrimmage got cancelled because old man winter doesn't seem to want to leave yet...I still on planning to have my quilting time today somewhere in the day!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  thumbnailCAPFC8Z9.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  2.7 KB

Happy St. Patricks Day to all. A cold Michigan morning 28 degrees..... On this day last year we had a high of 80. Not gonna make it this year. Everyone have a wonderful day!
    Melissa Greenfield Crafty Quilty Mimi