Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

When I was new to the board I had trouble finding it. But now that I know where it is I don't. I can see how a sticky is right in your face so to speak so you can't miss it. Good Deal.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I was just thinking (look out..) What about a sticky across the top by :Forum, Groups, Quilter's Daily Deal, What's new, Quilting Tutorials etc.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

It's my first time to the site and I had no trouble!

I found you through your YouTube videos - very helpful for a newly budding quilter! Grandma tried to teach me quilting when I was a little girl, but I didn't have the patience then.

This year I've made two crib quilts, and last week throw pillows for my living room! I'm just learning paper-piecing now, any video tutorials for that? I find it pretty confusing so far - I'm working with a pattern that the store clerk at my local JoAnns said was a good beginner one - origami cranes.

Thanks again for an awesome site!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem finding it. However, I can see how it might be confusing. There are several great suggestions. Whatever you decide, I will find it.

Happy Sewing,
    Rae

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alaskancrafter View Post
    It's my first time to the site and I had no trouble!

I found you through your YouTube videos - very helpful for a newly budding quilter! Grandma tried to teach me quilting when I was a little girl, but I didn't have the patience then.

This year I've made two crib quilts, and last week throw pillows for my living room! I'm just learning paper-piecing now, any video tutorials for that? I find it pretty confusing so far - I'm working with a pattern that the store clerk at my local JoAnns said was a good beginner one - origami cranes.

Thanks again for an awesome site!
    Hi Anchorage...
    This link may help. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+quilting&aq=2.
    Once I learned to do this, I was hooked
    I sure miss Alaska. My cousins grew up just across the puddle in Sitka, & I haven't visited for a while.
    Posting pix of your projects here is ALWAYS encouraged. We all love to see what each other is working on.
    Happy quilting!
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here to your forum, but I found it quite easy to find the giveaway thread by the way you listed it. It appreared pretty clear that this was the giveaway thread, for Wk 1 and the date it started. I'm hoping I have this right because it seemed pretty clear. I would just start a new thread for every wk. Makes sense to me.

I do have a question. Does it always start on a Friday or what? I didn't know if it was from Mon to Mon. or whatever day you decided to start it in that week.

I'm fairly new to quilting, but I want to say that I am enjoying the site thus far.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Headline it Bold "NEW WINNER Announced on "date" with the week number etc.