Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

I can't believe i won!

Thank you!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!

ps... I love this forum and all the wonderful videos you kindly share with all of us!
    Thank you for being so generous!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

I don't have any trouble finding it but I'm disappointed that it is not truly a weekly giveaway - more like a sporadic giveaway (I wonder if that is part of the trouble with members finding it - they find it but think they haven't because the current week is not posted?). But I love precuts so I click every week to see if there is a new one. I've won once & hope to win again soon. thanks for the opportunity - it's appreciated.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finding it is no problem...knowing if it is still a go is the question. I am SEW glad get it sew... so anyhow I am glad you have gone Week 1 and yes as some of the others have stated maybe removing old posts might help. Keep smiling!

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I was helped by your explanation in the first post, but maybe making the current weekly thread a sticky thread for the week (or longer, whatever the case is) would make it easier for newbies to find.

Thank you for your generosity in these giveaways...it's so awesome.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftyrad View Post
    I can usually find it quickly, but sometimes someone replies to an older thread and it then jumps to the top. Then there may be other replies from people who don't realize that the giveway is finished. Is there a way to lock a thread once the giveaway is over?
    Congrats mnmsmom! I agree with craftyrad. I'm also glad you started over with the week numbering.
    Shelia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Giveaway Week 1 - January 7th

I can find it easily now. As long as there is a number on it so you know which one to answer is ok with me. I can see not deleting them right away as there are some good ideas other people could use in the answers. Congratulations to the new winner and enjoy your prize.
    Thank you MSQC for even giving us a giveaway. If someone is lost because they are new, All they have to do is ask and they will be told how to get there. That's how I learned. Maybe putting the week that's new in Bold text and the rest in regular text is ok by me.
    You all do such a great job for us, Thank you. Nice work! lol Hugs, Jan L

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

About finding the weekly question or topic ..... I feel the suggestions ckmama made, above, would be an easier method to follow to encourage more individuals to participate & join in on the giveaway theads . Some of us are not as computer savy as others.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I too can usually find it by checking the "What's New" in the community posts. Sometimes it takes so long that I ignore it. The ladies have good ideas for continuing the give away. Deleting the old posts would be best. Thanks for not giving up. dmt

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftyrad View Post
    I can usually find it quickly, but sometimes someone replies to an older thread and it then jumps to the top. Then there may be other replies from people who don't realize that the giveway is finished. Is there a way to lock a thread once the giveaway is over?
    I agree with this, lock or remove the thread if possible and start the new "weekly" thread. Sometimes you do have to do some searching to find the right one and, especially to someone new who doesn't know that more often than not, it isn't "weekly" so they aren't sure if they are responding to the right one or not.
    This is so generous of the MSQC to have this giveaway and with your new billboard you will probably get many more members! I applaud you for working on the "growing pains" that come along with the continued growth of your business!
    patti

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I've just started using the forum and I'll admit it was confusing to find. You may want a link on your main website "Missouri Star Quilt Company".

What I found helpful was having it in bold and capital letters. It took me awhile to distinguish which was the main post, so maybe labeling it "Main Post" :-).