• Show
Clear All
  • K. McEuen
    Super Moderator
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: This forum is my life, my family!

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I missed it too, but whatever it was or is I wish it goes away. How come this happened all of a sudden?
    I chalk it up to winter blues and cabin fever. Something you wouldn't know about since you live in Hawaii! Maybe we all need to come and winter with you.
    K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

• BMG Gran
      9 Patch Princess
      • Feb 2013

I lurked here for a few months before joining. I finally did about a month ago, but after reading this, I am not sure I want to stay. It looks to me like there are several 'juvenile' members, that complain about other members. I am not even sure I want to stay. I have also noticed that just a few people post regularly, and they seem to run the forum. Maybe I was wrong about the good things I had heard about about the people here. I haven't seen much love going around. And that is the kind of place I was looking for.
      Originally posted by Lisapc View Post
      The first few months I was here I never saw this. But then slowly I saw a couple of new people enter with guns blazing. They must have thought that we were like every other forum. He who is nastiest wins. I also saw snippets of a couple forum members that really aren't new being not so nice. I know I mostly ramble but sometimes I can be quick and to the point. I at first thought that was what those moments were about and then I started to see the real nasty juvenile theme. It just needs to stop.

We are what we make of ourselves and I don't want to be embarrassed anymore. By the way do you know the meaning of assumption? It means making an a** out of you and me.
      Brenda

Command them to do good, to be rich in gooddeeds, and to be generous and willing to share

Timothy 8:16

Comment

• Musical_Starling
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by BMG Gran View Post
        I lurked here for a few months before joining. I finally did about a month ago, but after reading this, I am not sure I want to stay. It looks to me like there are several 'juvenile' members, that complain about other members. I am not even sure I want to stay. I have also noticed that just a few people post regularly, and they seem to run the forum. Maybe I was wrong about the good things I had heard about about the people here. I haven't seen much love going around. And that is the kind of place I was looking for.
        Please don't let the mistakes of a few sully the great reputation that this place deserves. There have been a few cheap shots taken as of late, but don't let that take presidence over the kindness and generosity that also runs rampant through this forum. Blondie and co. create their Circles of Comfort quilts and they get mailed all over the world to someone who needs a quilted hug. Marilyn (auntiemern) and co. create quilts for a local children's hospital that help bring a little warmth and joy to a child when they need it the most. There have been many quilts made by other groups (such as the Cancer Warriors) that have also been delivered all over the world. We have members who constantly send random items to other members simply as a "pay it forward" with no want or desire to receive something in return. Kathy (bkthomas) just received a Dresden book that she's been lusting after. CJ received a Shape Cut ruler. Anna has received a BILLION hexagons (okay, that may be an exaggeration, but a LOT! lol). We lift eachother up in prayer when someone is experiencing hardships, we laugh together, and we cry together. THAT is what this forum is about, and that is what makes this place great. Don't let the actions of a few cloud your vision so you are unable to see the great people we have here and the great things that have come from this forum. We really are a loving group, and that is what we should all be focusing on.
        *Dee*
        Believe
        There Is
        Good In The World

Comment

• WendyI
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BMG Gran View Post
          If you lurked here for a few months then you KNOW this is a good place. I don't know what benefit your post has. This is an incredibly awesome, helpful and friendly place. I am new here as well and although there has been the odd tiff now and then I have been constantly surprised that so many women (with the odd man tossed in) could function together for so long WITHOUT getting their panties in a knot from time to time. While I don't partake in that kind of snively, teen behaviour, I'm hardly ever surprised when it happens.

If you choose to leave because of one incident, that is of course your choice. But the world could sorely use less people blaming everyone because of one bad apple. I suggest THIS is THE place to start that "new" old tradition.

Comment

• yoyoing
            9 Patch Princess
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
            If you lurked here for a few months then you KNOW this is a good place. I don't know what benefit your post has. This is an incredibly awesome, helpful and friendly place. I am new here as well and although there has been the odd tiff now and then I have been constantly surprised that so many women (with the odd man tossed in) could function together for so long WITHOUT getting their panties in a knot from time to time. While I don't partake in that kind of snively, teen behaviour, I'm hardly ever surprised when it happens.

If you choose to leave because of one incident, that is of course your choice. But the world could sorely use less people blaming everyone because of one bad apple. I suggest THIS is THE place to start that "new" old tradition.
            you go girl I for one can't hardly wait to read this forum in the morning I am 68 years old I used to read the death announcements first thing LOL no more love this forum and everyone on it lik e that phase (pantiees in a KNOT ) STILL LAUGHING OUT LOUD

Comment

• Evilynn
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2012

Exactly. I am reading this forum A LOT - and I happen to have missed whatever has happened.
              Last edited by Evilynn; March 17, 2013, 08:05 AM.
              ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
              /
              Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

• RiverMomm
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2012

LOL to the comment about the men. Now guys, don't read that wrong . . . we love you!

And I agree, this is a great place. While we may be having some growing pains, it will work out if we try to be nice and sometimes turn the other cheek. Remember, we all have 4 cheeks.

Comment

• Lisapc
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2012

A few people do post a lot and no one member runs the forum.

Blondie: She usually starts the day with a good morning to us all. That good morning is a very nice thing to start your day with and a lot of us look forward to it.

We are all here together and although some of us talk/type a lot believe me no one person is in charge of anything.

99.9% of the women I have encountered here are the most kind, loving, supportive and fun women I have ever met. I honestly did not know a group of mainly women like this could exist.

The charity work and prayers for our members who need it amaze me. This is the best group that there is and we are open to every member with the same caring that we give our senior members who need us.
                  Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Let's give our forum a chance to heal and continue to welcome members in, and learn from each other as we develop our quilting skills. Forgiving past hurts is not easy, but it is necessary for personal peace of mind. Holding on to hurts really takes its toll on a person, and you are hurting yourself if you do that.

And everyone, get those UFOs out and start working on them, we need a log more show and tells to boost our spirits! For me, there is nothing more elating than that first snuggle under a new lap quilt, or a night under a new bed quilt. Better yet, see the joy in the eyes of someone who you have made a quilt for, and know that they will love it! What we do with our quilting skills is something that not everyone can do!

Comment

• pdjewelrylady
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2010

GREAT idea ms Jean - you are so smart!! its spring and time to get a couple of the UFOs out and give them some tlc while looking forward to the next new project ..... for me that is the butterflies in the garden swap blocks which will be my new garden blanket for this summer

lets see.... sandwiched polka dot blocks will be FUN for today!! no something green and filled with gold coins! !!

I love you my quilty lady friends here on MSQC forum!! y'all make this a favorite place to hangout!!
                      Last edited by pdjewelrylady; March 17, 2013, 08:43 AM.
                      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                      hugs, Suzi
                      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• pcbatiks
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

Thanks Jean.......well said. BMG Gran, we hope you stick around. This forum can really lift your spirits on a bad day or make you laugh and improve your day........not to mention all the great ideas that are posted everyday. If you see some member names more than others...it's just because some post a every day, some occasionally and some very little. That is one thing I like about this forum........someone who is a brand new forum member can jump in and start a discussion or a group or post pictures in the same way that anyone else can......no matter how long you have been here. Take a look through the groups or swaps...you might find something that you like.

I love this forum.......this is where I have my breakfast on most mornings! Oh.....by the way.......it's because of this forum I don't get more sewing done! Hope you all have a good week!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• MayinJerset
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2012

Don't know what happened, computer was down, but I wish everything gets back to normal ASAP. I also have my breakfast here most moringings because I like to start my days off with smiles and good wishes. May in Jersey

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2010

Hello there... just remember... some of us are"older" and do not work and like ME.... have trouble sometimes "stepping away from the computer"...LOL... those that know me,, know that this place has helped me thru,,, bad times with my son,,, cleaning up a terribly , out of control sewing room... RA and a new hip... and just plain cases of the blues now and then... We are family , as the song goes, and it's one of my very favorites...
                            We are who we are,,, mostly very greatful to a family named "Doan" that has brought us all together in their endeavor to create and grow a wonderful, family business... it's built on love and trust and it's worked well for them....
                            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• pcbatiks
                              Missouri Star
                              • Mar 2012

Hey Babs........Thanks, now we have a name for the condition............SAFC Syndrome. I know that I suffer from SAFC......Stepping Away From Computer Syndrome..........and I know I'm not the only one. So are you finished with that sewing room yet?
                              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• GinnyKNC
                                Missouri Star
                                • Sep 2012

Thanks Jean Well said and I so agree. I love this forum so let's not turn it into FB Happy St. Patricks Day to all and Happy Quilting
                                Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Working...
                                X