Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default This forum is my life, my family!

I bring up names of members of my forum at the family gatherings. I care about each and every person on this forum. You are like my family. Please, let us not use the forum as a place to air personal feelings about other forum members. If I were the MSQC, I certainly would not want to support such a venue if it disintigrated into a personal attack platform.

This is really a call for civility in all that you say. Let's "right the ship" before it sinks.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This forum is my life, my family!

Amen, and pass the gin.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck is going on? I think I have missed a lot of something.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amen sister.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d06cf2c86364bd5598a0de800254b5d6.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	42659

and that is the end of the story for me. I like happy endings.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

7. Thanks SallyO'Sews, pdjewelrylady, mamaquilt, Lisapc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean, I am in agreement. The outright personal attacked and veiled attacks need to stop. When the same thing is said over and over we kind of know who the offender is talking about.

We are adults no longer the Jr. High school kids that embarrassed their parents. I have been embarrassed for too many members lately.

Keep the negativity to yourself. Bite your tongue, don't type it. Just because you think it is so doesn't make it so and you can't dictate how other people spend their time or money. You will never know another member like you think you do unless you are in their daily life.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

9. Thanks bkthomas, Greyjay, RachelMichelle, Klasien, Tanya D thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean----I could not agree more! My family has gotten use to lots of your names dropping into lunch conversations, so much so that when my DD returned from college she had to ask who we were talking about. A lot of you are family to me! We not only talk about your beautiful projects, your new babies, your sadness................we also pray for you. Some of your phrases are beginning to spring to our lips. We have looked up cities and countries that you live in and read up on your holidays and traditions. We have cooked your recipes and laughed at your jokes! My family has been blessed by this forum in numerous ways..................so I/we beseech you.........please keep it a lovely, kind, thoughtful place to visit.

11. Thanks pdjewelrylady, Wwena, Klasien thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was at work ll day and it seems I missed something. This forum is family , and my family and quilting girls are also used to hearing some names of my quilty sisters. Lets not tarnish this beautiful forum we have here. we are all well past grade school, so if you can't say something nice about someone , don't say it . zip the lip, walk away from your computer, go look in the mirror and say it to yourself. come back here only when you can smile and be friendly with everyone.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisapc View Post
    Jean, I am in agreement. The outright personal attacked and veiled attacks need to stop. When the same thing is said over and over we kind of know who the offender is talking about.

We are adults no longer the Jr. High school kids that embarrassed their parents. I have been embarrassed for too many members lately.

Keep the negativity to yourself. Bite your tongue, don't type it. Just because you think it is so doesn't make it so and you can't dictate how other people spend their time or money. You will never know another member like you think you do unless you are in their daily life.
    Thank You Lisapc!!!
    ~Kathy~

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I would not trade this forum for anything since I joined I have been lifted up I know there are prayer warriors in here. and I thank you all for your prayers. I don't know you all but I feel like I am part of the family.

15. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post