Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default an anti-snow thread

Here is my anti-snow thread.

I crochet a new tote. It's crocheted out of recycled plastic bags and I'll be using it to put my aquagym stuff in it. Glad I'm done with it, because some of those bags were a bit to rigid and now my hand hurts a bit.

At the same time I want to show what a lovely day we're having in the Grand Duchy and how much snow we got last yesterday and last night. (luckily it's melting with so much sun)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-13.12.08 copie.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	42546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000700.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	42547
    greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: an anti-snow thread

I saw that on the news this morning and thought of you Stay warm

My mom used to make some sort of crochet rugs with plastic. Your bag reminds me of those
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love your bag and can not agree more that it is time for the snow to stay away. Here in New England we are getting a few more inches this weekend. I just am done with it and would rather be digging in the dirt.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to get out now, to get the mail, only to discover that my hubby had left the housedoor OPEN. I don't mean unlocked, I mean OPEN. I keep it locked the whole day! NOt because I am scared of burglars or whatever but because of the cats who are very smart and I saw them opening a door already themselves Luckily the door to the hallway was closed so I didnt have escaping kitties! But I also didn't notice earlier that the door was open. Thank god we live not only in Finland but also in the middle of nowhere - no one would care enough to come in uninvited

Anyway, back to topic: I wanted to get the mail and after I stepped out through the open door I noticed a huge snowfall. When there is a break in snowing I think someone has to do some snowwork outdoors .. *sighs*....
    Here some pics from our garden:

Name:	2013-03-13 15.06.24.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	42552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-13 15.06.46.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	42553

The snow's annoying as hell .. can't it just be real spring already...? :/ Don't get me wrong, springwinter is nice too, but only when the sun is shining and it's bright and the snow is shimmering and ...ahhhh.... but not this....
    Last edited by Evilynn; March 13th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know the snow is a pain, but it is really pretty! Love your bag. Do you use a really big crochet hook? Do you cut the bags into strips? I'm just full of questions, aren't I?

Steffie, it's pretty, but I'm sure you do get tired of the snow.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 13th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the view is stunning, but someone has to get the snow out of the way - And especially in March it snows a lot before the winter finally gives in and it gets warmer in late April at some point. I am wondering why I had to meet a finnish man and not a spanish or italian one (it would at least be less snowy there and a lot warmer too )

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a Snow Shower yesterday.... Whats with that wording?? A Shower of Snow..... Geesh my Grandpa would roll over in his grave if he heard the weather reports these days. (even they try to Sensationalize the report of Snow Flurries)

Name:	DSCN6194.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	42555

Yes those flakes are huge.... around half dollar size, @@.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Granny Judy - I had to laugh when I read your post above. We had moved to SC for a few years (years ago). The news caster made the follow statement that I still remember to this day... 'Ya'll aught naught be doin that - ya here'. All I kept thinking was this is a new caster on TV and I sure hope my boys don't listen to the way he talks. Who gets on TV and say aught naught? And I'm sure he has a degree from somewhere lol.
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Michelle I love your bag. Great idea. I am so done with winter but I think we are in for one more blast from winter before it is all said and done. We are expecting a little more snow here either later today or tomorrow.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We had a bunch of snow, and then it rained this past weekend, andit's all gone. Looks like spring here now. My Weeping Willow is turning to bud now. In no time at all, it will be lush, full and green in the yard, casting a grand shadow and a hiding/play place for the grand kids!