Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I WANT THIS!!! NOW!!!

Has anyone actually tasted bacon jam? I've never heard of it.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I've never heard of it either. But it does sound intriquing. I may have to try this one. mmmm

And yes, what's up with the bacon, bacon, bacon that everyone is suddenly so fixated on?!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thinik I'll pass on this one as I'm not a fan of bacon. It isn't that I don't like it but it's a lot of messy work to get really crisp bacon and it's too high in the wrong kind of fat. If I'm going to eat that much bad fat I'd prefer to do it with a big piece of cheesecake. I only buy a package of bacon once a year in August to make BLT's with ripe Jersey beefsteak tomatos.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; March 12th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like bacon...but....I think I'll stick with strawberry jam or grape jelly.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Hmmm, I've never heard of it either. But it does sound intriquing. I may have to try this one. mmmm

And yes, what's up with the bacon, bacon, bacon that everyone is suddenly so fixated on?!
    I think we are tired of being told everything is bad for us. I am. I eat and prepare everything in moderation. I had a 104 woman as a patient and she walked 1/2 mile every morning to go get herself a newspaper and a cup of coffee. Once she got home she had a fried egg, bacon and biscuit with real butter and finished it off with a cigarette. She then spent her day reading, quilting and enjoying her life. After her dinner she had another 1/2 mile walk for a kiddie sized real ice cream cone and when she got home she had her second and last cigarette of the day. She said everything in moderation and to keep your mind and body active is what keeps you alive along with being grateful for what you have and if you want more to work for it.

I like her philosophy. So tonight we eat Shepards pie with home made Swedish apple pie for desert made with real butter and sugar. Followed by a snowy game of catch outside! Then I sew.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I love making jam -- I've been looking for more recipes so now I have several bacon jam recipes to try! Haven't started yet, though. I'm on a weight-loss quest so trying to lay off the bacon.
    Ruth Ann in MA

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I do like bacon, but I'm not sure about the jam. Sounds interesting for sure! I'd love to hear your review if you do make it!
    Lori

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    I like bacon...but....I think I'll stick with strawberry jam or grape jelly.
    I have to agree as much as I like bacon... I'll stick with the fruit flavor jams please for me please
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post

I've always had a thing for bacon - although I very seldom buy it. But I think the big push right now is because it is GOOD - oh, and someone came up with a wonderful way to precook it, package it for easy storage, and cut your clean-up time. Wonder what they do with the rendered fat at the processing plants?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes!! That's like a heart attack in a jar! My MIL's oncologist once told her that the single worst food you can put into your body EVER is bacon. So tragic!! Y'all need to try CANADIAN bacon!! YUM!!