Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It IS New Years Eve!

Well, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

What's everyone doing tonight? Some have already celebrated - our friends on the other side of the world and some of us are just starting. I'll be home and signed up to do some online twitter party with the Stitch In Heaven party. Sounds like fun. I never twittered before so I'm sure it will keep me busy and maybe I'll win a prize or two! Wouldn't that be cool!

Last night I worked on a table runner - got the binding made and sewn on - need to hand sew that down today. I'll post a photo when completely done. It's for a gift so might have to wait until it's been delivered.

Have a great evening everyone - maybe next year we can talk Jenni into having a party right here!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It IS New Years Eve!

Happy New Years to all. DH and I are suppose to go out for dinner and dance with friends but I'm not feeling great and would be happier sitting at my sewing machine! LOL Have a good one!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

NYE...again already?? What happened to 2010?
    Woke up to thunderstorms and almost all the snow is gone! Yea! 50 degrees will be 25 tomorrow morning so it is short lived.
    Can't wait to see pics of your table runner Trish! The Twitter thing sounds fun. I have never used Twitter, maybe I will try in 2011.
    Cleaning today and not sure about tonight. Hate when the BF won't give me a definite plan. We are supposed to go to friends for dinner and play some board games, which is okay with me, but so is staying home.
    After I get my cleaning done I am going to start on cutting out my blocks for the swap. I was going to do it last night but watched Eat, Love, Pray instead. Loved the book and the movie..both made me cry!
    Will check back to see what exciting plans everyone has for tonight!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quiet eve at home. Hubby has to work till 9. He is in retail. My son adam is still in so it will be just us most likely. Sunday will bring lots of company and we will be smoking a brisket for them all. Can't get a whole lot of sewing done since Adam is using my sewing room but I did manage to get my dresdan plates done and sewed on them while watching TV. Happy New Year to all and be safe.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We're staying in and having fondue and cold duck (sort of a sparkling wine). When we first got married all we could afford was cold duck and now (40 years later) it is still our tradition. Happy New Year to everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My Joe and I always stay home. It's a long habit of staying home and listening for the fire tones to go off so we could respond to a call. It was usually quiet. I think through the 30 years we were medics and firefighters we had maybe 3 calls for drunks and 1 fire, and 1 fight at a bar that ended in injury. It was quiet especially after the "Don't drive drunk" campaigns that our county enacted. It served us well. It was always a quiet evening with no drinking as we were on call. Now we have a glass of Asti Spumanti at midnight and to see the New Year in watching the ball drop in NYC on tv. We don't take calls anymore. I think one year we had a party when we had coverage. Our friends didn't drink either so that was good. We sat around and either played cards or played music and sang. My husband and I play guitar and so do some of our friends. We drank coffee and sang all night. I liked doing that. You can have fun not drinking.
    We wish you all a better year for 2011 and pray for everyone to be healthy and happy.
    We pray that people recover from illness, get their jobs if their out of work and for those who need it to have peace. Love to all of you on this list. May God hold you in the palm of his hand and keep you safe especially those who are so far away from family and friends while you fight for freedom and to protect us during these trying times. Love, Jan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well put Jan. Wishing you and everyone a happy, quilt producing, safe, warm and loving 2011!

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    And never brought to min'?
    Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    And days o' Lang syne?

For auld Lang syne, my dear,
    For auld Lang syne,
    We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
    For auld Lang syne."

Happy New Year!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: It IS New Years Eve!

What a nice voice you have Patti. LOL I can hear it all the way here in NY. Happy New year to you. May you receive the best in the coming year. Hugs, Jan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

What a wonderful year it has been especially find this site and making so many new and wonderful friends. Look forward to "hanging " with you next year. You are truly a wonderful blessing for me!

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janluna View Post
    What a nice voice you have Patti. LOL I can hear it all the way here in NY. Happy New year to you. May you receive the best in the coming year. Hugs, Jan
    If you only knew about my singing voice!! LOL Thank you so much Jan!