• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • debinmalaga
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2009

Sewing rooms, yet again :-)

Since there's a lot of buzz about sewing rooms today I thought I'd share this link again.

There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"
  • SuzyQue
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2010

Re: Sewing rooms, yet again :-)

WOW!!! So much for cleaning up my own space----I will be ogling everyone else's! I better get that soup started first, I might be on here awhile. Thanks for the links! What fun to snoop and gather ideas!
    Suzy Que

Comment

• RFREE
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
      Since there's a lot of buzz about sewing rooms today I thought I'd share this link again.

http://www.younge.com/sewing%20rooms.htm

THANKS DEB. I JUST LOVE TO SIT HERE AND LOOK AT ALL THESE ROOMS. IT GIVES ME SOOOO MANY IDEAS FOR MY OWN ROOM ,YOU KNOW THE ONE YOU GUYS WILL NEVER SEE..... BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THE PICTURES POSTED YET.... I HAVE TRIED OFF AND ON ALL DAT TO NO EVAIL.. SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT....HA HA LOL

Comment

• Sandy Navas
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by RFREE View Post
        THANKS DEB. I JUST LOVE TO SIT HERE AND LOOK AT ALL THESE ROOMS. IT GIVES ME SOOOO MANY IDEAS FOR MY OWN ROOM ,YOU KNOW THE ONE YOU GUYS WILL NEVER SEE..... BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THE PICTURES POSTED YET.... I HAVE TRIED OFF AND ON ALL DAT TO NO EVAIL.. SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT....HA HA LOL
        If you keep it up I'm going to have to run over to KY and upload your pictures for you. Your frustration is catching . . . we WANT TO SEE!!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• debinmalaga
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2009

MSQC Forum member becky0645 has a gorgeous sewing studio... you can see her pictures in her album.

I just love those "random photos" at the bottom of the Forum page - I have whiled away many a dull hour at work viewing everyone's masterpieces and sewing spaces.
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• RFREE
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
            If you keep it up I'm going to have to run over to KY and upload your pictures for you. Your frustration is catching . . . we WANT TO SEE!!!
            ha ha come on down or up where ever you are. I would love to figure it out. Me and my husband turned are attatched garage into a sewing room for me. It was so funny we were like Ralph and Alph (green acres) laying block and all. I must say we did a wonderful job. Did all the work ourselves. Didn't have clue what we were doing. Thank god for DIY ha ha.His cousin who works in construction said we saved at least $15,000.00 doing it ourselves. We had sold our boat and I took $5,000.00 and that is what we have in it. I just love it.nothin fancy but its my space.....

Comment

• SuzyQue
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2010

Thanks again, Deb. I have spent a lot of time today dreaming of that perfect sewing studio. It has been fun to peek at so many choices. I am only on number 16 and have so many great ideas! Suzy Que

Comment

• debinmalaga
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2009

Hi Suzy Que,

Isn't it a great listing? I'm so glad to pass it along!

What is your sewing space like?

Comment

• SuzyQue
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2010

I am on my third sewing space in this old house. I started in a spare bedroom---kids came along, so I moved to the corner of the dining room. That was more accessible, but not large enough and had to keep it too clean all the time. We recently finished out our basement into a great room so I have a nook there now. It is large enough for my large sewing/serger machines table, a huge cutting table, a craft table, and ironing board. I have some shelves on the wall and most of my fabric is stored elsewhere. Not ideal, but very usable and I love being in the same area as the rest of the family. I have made matching covers for my machines, displayed my antique sewing collection, and hung rulers, etc to be quite functional and cute. Everyone knows it is my area. I recently inherited a huge collection of sewing items, fabric, binding, lace, you name it from my mother in law, so I am trying to organize that in with what I already own. I will have to store much away from my sewing space, but I will never run out of materials nor projects.....for years to come! Suzy Que

Comment

• toggpine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2009

Here is my renovation. It took several years of planning & purchasing to get it to look like this, but the pay off has been worth it. It has stalled at this point. I have not gotten the computer moved nor the counter installed, but it is still much more workable than before. I had to shift some of the "office" stuff back in here during the holidays so we could fit the tree in. I have hope that the rest of the projects will get done sooner than later. Hubby brought home the sanding equipment for the last parts of the desk set. If he can get the last of the finish off I can go from there. I don't want to damage the wood, and since he handles this type of equipment for work, I thought I'd let him do the fine detail work.
                    Enjoy the peek at my sewing room!
                    Over the course of two weeks with the help of my sister and eventually my sweet husband, I emptied out, painted, rearranged, and organized this little area. I can hardly wait to start sewing! OK, I…
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• SuzyQue
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2010

Looks much more organized and accessible! Great job! Suzy Que

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                        Banned
                        Missouri Star
                        • Sep 2009

Your 'new' room looks awesome! Glad you posted the before photos - you and your sister did a great job on getting it all organized. Love those wire bins - if I'm ever near an IKEA, I'll have to check those out.

Hugs,

Comment

• debinmalaga
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2009

Toggpine, it looks great! You did a great job, and aren't you glad you took those photos before? That was a lot of work to organize and you did a great job.

SuzyQue, your space sounds great too - love to see a picture!

Comment

Working...
                          X