Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wakey, wakey it's Sunday

Good morning all of you lovely friends. How has your weekend been? Yesterday, hubby and I took our good friend out for breakfast and then went to 2 auction sales. We did not stay long or buy anything. There was really nothing we couldn't live without. I quilted most of the afternoon and downloaded lots of episodes of Grey's Anatomy to watch later. I need to get caught up with that show.

Are there any fans of curling here? It is a huge sport here in Canada and we have been watching with great interest. Ontario beat out Manitoba last night and it was an awesome game. Amazing what those curlers can do. If anyone is interested I believe it is on the TSN network. The Scotties Tournament of Hearts is being played in Kingston, Ontario and next year it is in Montreal, Quebec. Thinking of going next year.

We may go to another auction sale today and then stop in for a birthday surprise at my friend Donna's place.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wakey, wakey it's Sunday

Good Morning everyone.

Curling is not a big sport down here in the lower 48. But today is the Daytona 500 NASCAR race. I am so bummed because I cannot get the FOX channel here so I won't be able to watch it. I could follow it on the computer on a lap by lap read out. But DH wants to go to walk around a gun show today in Lebanon, MO and wants me to go along...so no NASCAR for me They had a horrific wreck at the Nationwide race there yesterday. I always hate to hear about those.

The only good thing about going with DH today will be a chance to go out to eat.

Looks to be the start of a sunny day. So I will strap on a smile and enjoy the day.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all, we are getting ready for round two of the snow storm they are calling for another 6 to 12 inches starting tomorrow. That on top of the 9+ inches from the last one and I may not get out for days.

I have some projects started so will work on those later day. Have a great day and be safe.
    Bernice

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Another sleepyhead awake this sunny Sunday. Slept away most of yesterday and am finally feeling rested and over my cold. Don't follow curling or NASCAR so skipping tv today will be no problem. Just hope DH is feeling better so I can get him to go out for lunch or something. We've both been pretty much housebound the past 2 weeks with our colds and I think getting out in the fresh air will do both of us a world of good. Might be a good idea to open some windows while we're gone and get some fresh moist air into the house.

Been so inactive I can't remember where I put my lighthouse block project, need to work on it as it's due in a week or so. Been off coffee while I had my cold but right now I could do with a nice big mug. Name:  need%2520more%2520coffee.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  4.2 KB
    Last edited by MayinJerset; February 24th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. My day involves grocery shopping in the morning and our monthly trip to Sam's this afternoon. So exciting - not I hope to work some quilting in somewhere. We're supposed to be getting more snow early this week -- I either hope we get enough to have a whole day off work or nothing. Happy quilting!
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The sun is shining so bright this morning - I love it!
    My hubby is not feeling too well this morning; he started feeling very ill yesterday! Sounds like the flu or something!! It will be a day of rest for him, which will be weird because he is rarely sick.
    Yesterday he was talking about watching NASCAR today, so now I think that will happen from the couch!
    I will be out getting our groceries for the week and I will sneak a stop at the fabric store to buy a ruler - I need a big square ruler for squaring up some blocks - either a 12" or 16". I have been working on a small quilt for my daughter and it would be nice to get the top completed today!
    Have a great day everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I woke up with a headache...too much excitement yesterday I guess. Caffeine and Tylenol should do the trick. Monique, I've watched curling on TV and think I'd enjoy seeing an actual match. It's so different from the sports we have here. I'm a GRITS (girl raised in the south) but I've never been a NASCAR fan. Some would call that southern treason.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	217863_456461461069202_2147230258_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	40841

Happy Sunday Folksies!

Yep, it's me. Unusual for me to get online on Sunday - been up since before the crack of dawn and up late last night. Reckon I will want a nap later. I just got back from my dear sister's house. Her favorite little quaker birdie, Max, died this morning. She is just devastated. I must admit to shedding some tears as well. Such a smart and happy bird, he was. I always called him my flirty birdy. Jan, I know you will appreciate the emotions, as he was such a smart and talkative fella, putting sentences together from words he knew. We were never sure of his age or actually his sex, but when she bought him, he had been "rescued" from a person who had Parkinson's and could no longer care for him. He was a perfect fit for my sis and she was definitely his person.

Mom's gout is doing better. I don't think hers was a food flare up; she is a very careful eater but I do think hers is because she is always pushing wheelbarrels of wood to her house when no one is around. Too independent. Everytime I go down there she has just brought wood up. Can't wait on anyone. I will be so glad when winter is over. It just seems that whenever she overdoes, she gets a flare up. Her body will tell what she's been up to, even when she stays mum.

I had crazy dreams last night. Dreamt about our Jenny and our Ruby. Nutsy dreams; but entertaining. See, even in my sleep I am a happy camper! I was showing Jenny how to sculpt a doll face over a gourd and then I showed her how to make a doll quilt that would be a perfect match for the doll. lol. And Ruby! In my dream, she and Don showed up at my house, and we were sorting fabric scraps. I betcha we would do that in life, not just dreams. And I kept telling Don that he looked like Cesar the Dog Whisperer. Where in the world do dreams come from!

Today my middle son will be coming home for a birthday bash. I am making roast beef, mashed taters, green beans, corn, gravy, rolls, etc. Last night I made him a delicious looking carrot cake. My cakes are never pretty but this one is passable. Do you think anyone cares how lopsided my cakes are? I am certainly not the cook or baker my sis is - it all tastes better than it looks, hahaha. At least my son will know that it will be a treat for him, since he loves, loves, loves carrot cake.

Monique, I have only watched curling a few times on a sports channel and really don't understand it. The only sport I really follow is football, thanks to Daddy. I can handle baseball, but it is rather boring. If I was a man, I would like to play football.

Okay, folksies, I do have some cleaning to do before the kids arrive.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No curling here. I think we will have a pretty relaxed day at our house. I have a house guest that is quite chemically sensitive so won't have the string of neighbor kids in and out. They will all get to play outside in the snow. LOL I am hoping to get to quilt a bit this afternoon but if now will probably watch a movie with my friend.

I actually enjoy days like this because I don't feel I HAVE to do anything other than cook.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

I've been sick all weekend, but DH has been taking good care of me. I go to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully he will give me some strong meds to kick this stuff. I seldom get this kind of stuff.

We will watch NASCAR today. We saw the big wreck yesterday at the Nationwide race...so sad.

Okay, I'm done being sociable for the day...gonna crawl back into bed and revert to my cranky self!

I'm much nicer when I'm well....Hugs, Barb