Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Our Backyard Visitors (8 pictures)

You're so lucky to have such interesting birds come to see you! Love Mrs. Squirrel. My sister gets little chipmunks where she lives in Richmond. Thanks, again, for posting. I love seeing pictures on -line. Nothing like the visual!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pics! We don't have Cardinals, and I would LOVE to see one for real. Just about everything else you've got pictured here I've got in my yard. We also have wild canaries. One warm Summer evening I hung my canary in his cage out on the deck, and he was conversing with one of these wild ones. I sat and watched and eventually he flew over and landed on the cage! It was a sight to see, and it literally took my breath away. They sat there and chirped at one another for a few minutes and off he flew.

When we first moved here we noticed there were three bird feeders hung way up in the trees on pullies to fill them, 10 hummingbird feeders suspended on poles throughout the yard and deck, two squirrel corn feeders and a nut house. My DH had a full evening EVERY evening keeping all these feeders full. We were buying peanuts in 50 pound sacks from the feed store! We had more of Sammy's relatives then you could shake a stick at! My DH grew weary of all the work and so slacked off on his chores. Those squirrels found those nuts out in the shed and ate every one of them, leaving neat little piles of shells everywhere! Now we keep the bird feeders going and the hummingbird feeders full. I go through about a gallon of nectar a week in peak times. Hummers are my favorites!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hummer.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	40564
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Miss having lots of birds in our back yard. Used to have 4 big trees and about 100 feet of privet hedge that they loved to hide in, especially the male cardinal on his way to the bird feeders. Cardnials seem to like to feed by themselves. We had squirrel proof feeders but those sneaky squirrels did eat their way into the plastic tote of feed in our back yard shed. Sadly the 40 year old privet hedge grew too thick for me to take care of and the trees eventually were cut down because of disease so no birds hanging out in the yard any longer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have the Junco but have seen the other birds at our feeder. I just recently saw blue birds for the first time ever. I love feeding them. They are just so pretty.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love the birdies in my backyard! I have a big copper beech tree outside my kitchen window, and I love to watch them on the feeder that hangs from one of the branches! I learned a couple of years ago that squirrels do not like safflower seeds, so that is all I put in the feeder now. So the cardinals, tufted titmice, finches, nuthatches, and occasional woodpeckers visit me throughout the winter.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing - I love squirrels (and it's a long story).

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting such nice photos of your back yard visitors.They are a pleasure to look at. All Gods beautiful creations.

Hugs Ann

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Donna, love the pics of your backyard visitors. We have tons of birds and critters too. On those warmer days last week, we must have had 150 robins in the yard, and dozens of cardinals. I believe the bird you aren't sure of is a house wren. We had a pair nest in one of my hanging baskets last year. We have so many squirrels, we didn't get one tomato out of our garden last summer. They were eating because of the drought. We also have chipmunks, that live under my patio and deck. Occasionally we even get a deer wandering through, that we manage to get a glimpse of. The joys of living in the country.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMtnLady View Post
    Here are just a few of the visitors to our backyard. Enjoy.
    [IMG][/IMG]Tufted Titmouse

[IMG][/IMG] JUNCO
    [IMG][/IMG] MALE CARDINAL

[IMG][/IMG] FEMALE CARDINAL

[IMG][/IMG] FINCH (either Purple or House)
    [IMG][/IMG] not sure.. could just be a sparrow of some sort.

[IMG][/IMG] FLICKER

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!

[IMG][/IMG] SAMMY THE SQUIRREL!!!

ENJOY THE PICS.
    Donna I love the pics of the cardinals. A friend of mine is crazy over cardinals and I may have to use this photo at some time if that is okay with you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Donna, these pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Kathy~