Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My first large quilt top is finished...

Oh I love your quilt. It is so bright and cheery. What a nice gift it will be. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love the quilt! So bright and happy! Curious to hear about your longarm quilting it - not clear whether it's your machine or one you're renting time on, as someone else mentioned.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: My first large quilt top is finished...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. Please let me know how you cut your 'flowers'. Your neice is a very lucky girl to receive such a wonderful gift. I know my grandaughter would love to receive one just like it. I'm also new to quilting so looking at this picture of your quilt inspires me to take on another project other than a rag quilt.

Keep up the beautiful work!!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    What type of long arm did you purchase? I've been studying u-tube demos and anything else I can find to figure out what's best. Are you happy with your purchase? I've seen one frame that looks fairly portable and attaches to a folding table. Don't know if I will spend the money to get a long arm machine. I'm wondering how well I could do with my own machine using a quilting frame for home machines. Any input? I'm not hearing too much buzz on this forum about long arm quilting so I'm assuming most of us don't have them.
    I didn't purchase a longarm, I'm going to my LQS to use their's. They are way out of my budget for many years to come unless I win the lottery, but of course you have to play to win, so there's my problem

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angie from Indiana View Post
    I love it! I am going to try the raw edge applique on a doll quilt this weekend. Did you use heat and bond? I love the fabics too
    Angie - no heat & bond, just appliqued on But I use heat & bond on a ton of other stuff!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debinmalaga View Post
    Love the quilt! So bright and happy! Curious to hear about your longarm quilting it - not clear whether it's your machine or one you're renting time on, as someone else mentioned.
    Just one I rented time on, I actually had to change my appointment to this coming Monday. It's 1 cent an inch, so not too bad.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Such a happy quilt! Sure to bring the recipient many smiles .