Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default MSQC gives me confidence!

I'm new to the quilting world but have been obsessed with researching the hobby. I love to redecorate, sew, and scrapbook, but have never made a quilt. Just last night I purchased my first quilting pattern to make a christmas stocking and have been wondering "gosh, can I do it?". I came across MSQC today and watched the tutorials. Now everything is making more sense and I feel like I'm understanding the lingo (not just getting hungry every time I see the word "jelly roll" or "layer cake"... cake... mmm... did I mention I'm pregnant? might have something to do with the craving). Anyway, thank you so much, MSQC, for taking the fear out of quilting and giving me the confidence to tackle my first project. I'll definitely be a frequent visitor of your site.

Thanks again for all the tutorials... keep 'em coming!
    Dana

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC gives me confidence!

Hey, welcome Dana - what fun - pregnant. Easy for me to say! I'm a great gramma with no intentions of making the news or the Annual Dumb & Dumber list!
    There are lots of folks here who are happily available to help if you have questions - jump on in.
    AND - we ALL really enjoy seeing pictures, so be sure to keep that in mind with this stocking you are going to get made/completed. Best wishes
    BTW a baby quilt is always a perfect size for learning and practicing your skills. LOTS of patterns are available - and this shop has lots of pretty fabric
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dana!! Congrats on the baby ... we were all newbies at one time...some of us still are...so if you have any questions just ask..

can't wait to see your projects!!
    Michele

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

So nice to "meet" you Dana! We are always happy to help with anything you need. Do post pics...we love to see each others projects! and good luck with your pregnancy, we hope all goes well!
    Natalie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

hahaah!! I know, right!! The terms can be SO confusing and crazy!! I always crack up when I am explaining the 'lingo' sometimes......it seems we are ALL about the food! hahahaahah

Congrats on the baby!! I agree with the others....making a baby quilt will be the best for you!! You will LOVE it!!

Have a great day!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dana! Congratulations on the baby. I come here to for quilting support. I love the tutorials and can't wait to see the new ones that are coming. They do make quilting less scary once you see them. Everything makes sense!
    Niki

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dana! One of my favorite projects were Christmas stockings! I love them! I remembered the ones my mother had made (I think? ) for us and wanted to have something similar for my family! and thus it begins! One little project I love quilting and I'm excited to see how your stockings turn out! Do you know what fabric you'll be using yet?
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.