...about us!

It occurred to me that since it wasn't that long ago that I was a newbie, there are a lot of people on here that I never read their intro and don't know much about them. So, if you are comfortable, let's re-introduce ourselves to the newcomers.

Since I suggested it, guess I will start:

Hello, my name is Donna and I am a quilt addict. I am 55 and have four children from 32 to 16 and a five month old grandson. He was the reason I got started on this whole quilting thing at this point in my life. I had been interested for years, but just never took the plunge (other than accumulating a large stash of fabrics). When I searched the internet for quilt ideas, I stumbled upon Jenny's JRR tutorial and I was hooked. I work the night shift at the Post Office and have for 25 years, so pretty used to it. Currently live with my sister after divorcing 5 years ago and hoping to find the right place to move to soon. It's not so easy since we have dogs. Actually, I think the dogs have us. We not only have a crew of our own, we foster rescue dogs pulled from death row and find homes for them. It is very rewarding, but a LOT of work. It also makes it hard to find a place to live where you have dog-loving neighbors - which we do here.

Since I started quilting last summer, I have finished four quilts, have eight UFO's, and a ton of fabric waiting for it's turn.

Glad you have all joined us and I am looking forward to seeing more of you!

Next....