Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let's tell all our newbies a thing or two...

Gosh I have enjoyed reading this so much!! What a wonderful quilting family we have here :-)

Next...
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

bumping up....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I think I am still a Newbie to MSQC forums. I'm a girl. LOL. I have beem married to my husband 27 years this summer. We have 7 kids(6 boys & 1 girl), and 8 grandkids (6 boys & 2 girls). Whom we adore! He served 26.5 years in the NAVY just retiring as a Leuitenant one year ago this month. We have lived on both the East and West coasts, both top and bottom of the US and a few places in between. A few years ago we returned to our home state of Missouri (just 45 minutes from MSQC). We bought a we bit of land near a lake with our dream home on it. We saved up all during our NAVY life and dh had a pool installed for me. He got a boat and we started to relax. We love having huge family events at our house for holidays or any day! This year, I bought a Janome and am loving piecing quilts all the more. I also Scrapbook, and have for more than 10 years. My craft room does double duty for both hobbies.

I'm not new to quilting really. But, not nearly as experienced or as talented as some of the ladies I've seen here. I was inspired to quilting by two quilt tops I inherited from my great granny 22 years ago. Before that, I had only done some sewing in High School Home Ec class. Nothing to brag about. After I received granny's quilts, I made my first quilt. Hand sewn french knots in an Amish Star pattern, full bed size. A few years later, I discovered Eleanor Burns, Trip around the world, quilt in a day pattern, and rotary cutting. That summer I made 4 quilts, including a Ohio Star, I ruined. LOL. Lesson learned. "Use only 100% Cotton quilting fabric". Now I have made quilts for all of my children, twice, all of my grandkids, my in laws, some family members and good cherished friends. I have only 3 of my own I have kept, plus my granny's.

PS: I found MSQC looking for fabric online.
    Last edited by kensington; February 10th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

4. Thanks lb1kenobie, Rekmeh, Kathy63 thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hallo Martina: Icon_wave:
    Bin ein Neuling in diesem Forum, Und was es mir so furchtbar schwer macht sind meine wenige Englisch Kenntnisse.
    Das Quilten habe ich vor kurzem entdeckt bin noch nicht weltmeisterin aber ich habe eine Menge Spass dabei.
    Hier sind noch einige infos;: : D
    Bin52 Jahre habe zwei erwachsene Söhne von 27,28 Jahren und verheiratet mit einem sehr geduldigen mann : D
    Bin als Kosmetikerin und med. Fußpflegerin tätig.
    Gruss aus Bad Vilbel Deutschland monimoni

6. Thanks Rekmeh, marsharini, HdWench thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is ok to translate monimoni:
    She would like to join the forum, but does not speek english that well. Short time ago she found out that quilting brngs alot of fun.
    She is 52 years old, has 2 adult sons and a very patient husband. She works as cosmetics and podology. She sends regards from bad vilbel, germany.

8. Thanks lb1kenobie, Rekmeh, marsharini, Cat n bull, Lisapc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The list next to my pc with your nick names and your real names is growing. At the moment some people chnge their avatar, i am lost ...
    But this thread is a big tresur

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monimoni View Post
    Hallo Martina: Icon_wave:
    Bin ein Neuling in diesem Forum, Und was es mir so furchtbar schwer macht sind meine wenige Englisch Kenntnisse.
    Das Quilten habe ich vor kurzem entdeckt bin noch nicht weltmeisterin aber ich habe eine Menge Spass dabei.
    Hier sind noch einige infos;: : D
    Bin52 Jahre habe zwei erwachsene Söhne von 27,28 Jahren und verheiratet mit einem sehr geduldigen mann : D
    Bin als Kosmetikerin und med. Fußpflegerin tätig.
    Gruss aus Bad Vilbel Deutschland monimoni
    Willkommen heire!

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renate View Post
    I hope it is ok to translate monimoni:
    She would like to join the forum, but does not speek english that well. Short time ago she found out that quilting brngs alot of fun.
    She is 52 years old, has 2 adult sons and a very patient husband. She works as cosmetics and podology. She sends regards from bad vilbel, germany.
    Hey thanks! I was so curious. I also wondered if there isn't a program for the computer that translates or something like that. When she joins, is there an english option so is she types in German, it posts in English? If not, someone should invent that!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a newbie and since I'm sort of quiet (until you know me LOL) and don't post a whole ton I'll fill you in on me.

My name is Dena and I am 38 years old. A SAHM of 4 -3 boys, 1 girl ages 13, 10, 8, and 5. My husband and I just celebrated out 14th anniversary last week. Both born and raised here in Michigan, and live in the same city that I was born and raised in hes trying to get me out of the city and back to where he's from LOL but its sort of like pulling teeth.

I have only been quilting maybe the last 6 months, I am not sure how I came across the M*QC tutorials but once I did I was hooked. I can some what crochet but its very hard on my wrists and a slow go, sewing is much more quicker for me. I'm learning and teaching myself as I go along, I never really sewed much in the past.
    I am happy to have run across the site and forum I was a little lost once my youngest started Kindergarten full time this year and it was just me here at home most days of the week. Quilting keeps me busy while I am here alone, I am sure my husband would rather me get a job instead of buying more fabrics.

So that is a little but about me, I have enjoyed reading these and learning more about other forum members.
    Dena

13. Thanks lb1kenobie, Rekmeh, HdWench thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok just a little about me. I am 56 soon to be 57 married for the last 22 years to my best friend Wayne. I have a 30 year old daughter and two wonderful grandsons. Two years ago our best friend Sue moved from WV to live with us which turned out to be a true blessing. We live in the small town of Ponchatoula, LA which is about 40 miles north of New Orleans. We live on my parents land they have three acres and one this three acres is my parents home, my brother and his wife have a home here, also my daughter has her own place here. I work six days a week for a Self Storage take care of over 700 storage units. And yes we have auctions once a month. It was just a little over 15 months ago that Wayne was told that he has lung cancer. It was last May that I went on line to teach myself to quilt. I wanted to make a quilt for Wayne so on those days that he is feeling bad and I have to work he can wrap himself up with something I had put a lot of love into. This way I can be with him and hope he feels a little comfort and love. Since that time my sewing room has become my little place of escape when the world becomes just to much for me to deal with.

I would like to thank everyone here who has giving us love and prayers. I feel like everyone here is a Sister or Brother thank you all.

15. Thanks lb1kenobie, Rekmeh, Kathy63 thanked for this post