Let's tell all our newbies a thing or two...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grammaterry
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

another walk down memory lane. Welcome to the forum and hope you become a regular. Show us some pictures of those little quilts. Maybe someday you will take that pile and sew them together into a marvelous memory quilt.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

• katydid1960
      Shiny Thimble
      • Nov 2021

Good afternoon. Not sure how I missed this forum all these years with MSQC but I did. Not sure if I understand how to use the site either, but am willing to try.

Comment

• oldladyquilter
        Shiny Thimble
        • Dec 2021

Newbie here, just joined today. Well, if I am not quilting I know where I will be....here!

Comment

• Nina.J.kiss
          Shiny Thimble
          • Dec 2021

Hi everyone, I'm Nini. I'm a new here. I'm curious in lots of things. I am looking for new topics to disscuss.

That's it for me!

Comment

• Yohkos
            Shiny Thimble
            • Feb 2022

Hello everyone. I’m 63 and used to dabble in quilting years ago when I joined a quilting community on HGTV and even flew to North Carolina to go on retreat with the group members. It was a lot of fun. I’m not sure why when HGTV dismantled the community groups, I also quit quilting. I put everything and storage and not sure why, but I got the bug again and now pulling out boxes of fabric and accessories. I’m haven’t been married for years and have a son and daughter and two wonderful grand teens. I’m looking forward to getting to know fellow quilters again.

Comment

• Star lover
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2016

Hello and welcome to the forum……hope you hang around and are able to enjoy the fellowship here. This is a wonderful, supportive group 💕

Comment

• Zizi
                Shiny Thimble
                • Feb 2022

Hello from Plymouth, MI. I’m Suzzanne. My screen name is Zizi, from the 2 z’s.

I started sewing when a young girl. My mother always was sewing or crocheting so it just came natural. I’ve dabbled in lots of handwork; crochet, knitting, sewing clothes, made my wedding dress, cross-stitch, crewel, quilting. I started quilting because I wanted a quilt but didn’t want to pay high price for one. Hahaha. I’ve invested soooo much in the art of quilting.

Last year I went to buy a long desired Bernina because of features it offered. Now I have 2…the larger 740 and a second hand Aurora which I take when I travel.

I do refer to quilting as art. It is a creative outlet that is very comforting.

Looking forward to getting to know this group better.

Comment

• Star lover
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2016

Hello Suzzanne and welcome to the forum, so happy you’ve joined us. Yes, once bitten by the quilting bug, you get bitten good……but it sure gets expensive. I figure it’s cheaper than therapy!

Comment

• Paul in Warrensburg
                    UN-Biased
                    • Feb 2021

A Re-Newbie (I had to delete 954 notifications). not a quilter, BUT, my wife is and I can even speak the language, to a point. I do sew some small stuff. --By the way, I'm around an hour down Highway 13 from Hamilton!

Comment

• Weeko
                      Shiny Thimble
                      • Mar 2022

Howdy, I just started on a Quilt top this last month. My daughter informed me it is the year of the quilt and we need to do quilts this year for Christmas. So I am learning to quilt. The tiny seam allowance you’all use is a night mare to adjust to. I am a retired RN with 6 grown children 3 grandchildren and lots of kids (goats) chickens horses etc. love the gorgeous quilts I have see here.

Comment

• sfishback
                        sfishback commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Also a retired RN here and just joining this forum. I have a 5 acre rural plot of land in central Missouri with chickens, gardens, 1 cat, 3 dogs and a pretty well stocked sewing/quilting room that doesn't get as much use as I would like. There is only the one grown daughter who has no interest in sewing anything. Happy for you that you have a daughter who is interested in your hobby! You will get the tiny seams. After all that's what nurses do best...find a way!
                    Working...
                    X