Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let's tell all our newbies a thing or two...

Hello all, I am brand new to this forum but not to quilting!! I can't even count how many I've made! It all started about 23 years ago or so. I had done much sewing before that but not quilting...my first attempt was quite a disaster. Then I bought a book on minature quilts thinking if it was smaller it would be easier!! Boy was I wrong!! However, I kept on, found a quilt class and was so stunned by the HUGE pieces that were being used! LOL, it made life so much easier. Anyway, it's hundreds of projects later - mostly given away and I still love to learn and grow in my skills. I really enjoy the MSQC videos, they're always inspiring. I am going to be going through Hamilton on a road trip this week and am excited to stop and shop!!

A little more about me...my husband of 27 years and I live on a farm in rural Saskatchewan (Canada). We have six kids (13 - 23), the oldest one is married and only the three youngest are at home still, though that won't be for much longer either! I teach music, write, lead 4H Crafts, run the Bible Quizzing program and of course, sew whenever I can!! We have a few cows, chickens, dogs and cats. I love my country life and am happy to meet other quilters from around the world!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Lani, from Colorado. I think you'll like us here.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Lani! It's so nice to have you here. You will always learn something new, and you can likely pass some of your knowledge on to us. Come visit us often.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon