Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let's tell all our newbies a thing or two...

Should I change my name to chat killer???

Rhoni Ann - My message above this one was in reply to you. I will get the hang of this...

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I am Suzanne and I am new to the forum. I have lived in Spain for over 20 years but I am originally from New York. I am crazy about fabrics and quilting is my favorite way to use my stash. This is my first forum of any kind. I hope to learn what's new in quilting and where I can find answers to things like legalities of copyrights. I love meeting quilters, they are always kind and natural and easy to make friends with. I look forward to meeting all of you!!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. My name is Teresa and I'm finishing up my second quilt, (rail fence pattern, lap size, stipple quilting, custom binding), and in the planning stages for my third, (flannel rag quilt, larger than lap, smaller than twin). My first quilt was inspired by my mother in law who passed last year and left me her machine, fabric, supplies, patterns, etc... I had no idea what I was doing, (still don't), but turned all her left over scraps into a brick pattern quilt. Very amateurish, but I was hooked. When the kids were young, many years ago I sewed their play clothes, Halloween costumes that sort of thing, but dropped it as life got too busy. Glad to have found this forum and already much smarter about quilting than when I arrived.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My name in Deanna (age 62) from Iowa. I am married, have a son & a (married) daughter with four children. I love being a very busy grandma! The kids are all very active and keep us on the run. One of my interests outside of quilting is reading and I usually read around 100 books a year. Guess that's why my fabric stash keeps growing...I have my nose in a book! We are also huge sports fans and my favorite teams are: the Iowa State Cyclones, the St. Louis Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers. My husband tells everyone that I'm the bigger fan than he! I have many projects on my "to do" list and when I retire I plan to sew lots. My favorite fabric lines are from Sweetwater and Tim Holtz. Almost everything I make is given as a gift. I recently bought a free motion foot for my sewing machine as I want to learn to finish my own projects. Wish me Luck!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Deanna, welcome to the forum from Michigan! No worries, many of us have stashes and love it! We just won't live long enough to sew it all up......ohhhh, the possibilities! So happy you've joined us.

Attachment 149316
    Anita

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Curious...just how cold is it where you live? I'm in the SW corner of IA and our lowest temp so far this winter is -15. I don't mind the cold as much as I do the wind. (I walk to work so hate the wind chill). Love my hot coffee! My sister who passed away from cancer loved cats....you made me smile.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's Michigan and our motto is, of you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it'll change. Yesterday we hit 54'. But today, wow! Dropping like a rock to 20, with wind chill in the minus territory. It's raining now, will turn to ice and then 7-9" of .....white stuff. Our lows are going down to single digits. Guess it's all relative. You kinda get used to what you got....... not really. You just bear with it until it gets better. Your weather sounds bad to me. Just wait....only a few weeks to spring!
    Anita

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Nolee and I live in Rochester, NY. I forgot I even subscribed to the forum back in 2011 until just now, so I guess I'm a newbie too. I am a new widow and am trying to find where I belong and how I can serve others. I crochet blankets for babies and the elderly so far and find great satisfaction in that, but I feel lost most of the time. We have four daughters and eight grandchildren, the youngest two weeks old. He has two big brothers, 17 and 21. What a joy to have a new baby. They are living with me right now until the builders finish their house.

I hope to learn valuable lessons on this forum so I can start quilting again and make new friends.
    Courage is fear that has said its prayers!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Nolee, welcomed you on another thread but still wanted to say hi. I agree grandchildren are absolute joys!
    Anita

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nolee, thanks for reaching out and I am so sorry about the recent loss of your husband. I think you will find this Forum to be a great source of comfort and inspiration. The people are great and always standing by to give you whatever kind of help or support you need. Plus we are a pretty fun group!!