Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wanted: Crock pot recipes (from scratch)

Love all the new crock pot recipes, definity will do the potato soup next week. On second thought I'll make it tomorrow as we will be home all day.

Only problem I have with crock pots is that while a beef pot roast or stew will have lots of juices and the veggies are tender and tasty the meat is hard and stringy. It never gets fork tender like it used to when I cooked these dishes on the stove top. Anyone have hints how to make the meat more tender?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wwena View Post

I settled on doing a chicken one for tomorrow night, with mushrooms, white wine and thyme. Nom nom nom.

That sounds delicious! I need to use my crock pot more often. It's makes it so easy for a working girl to get dinner on the table.

The Guild President

Spotsylvania, Virginia near Fredericksburg, Va
    Post Thanks / Like

here is mine for crockpot lasagna:

Ingredients:
    1 cup water
    2 jars of your favorite ssauce
    your fave seasonings
    1 pckg (8 ounces) no cook lasagna noodles
    2 bags of 16 ounces mozzarella cheese ( if you want it to be even cheesier then buy more)
    1 12ounce ricotta cheese
    1 small bag of Parmesan shredded
    1 lb ground beef (optional)

cook the ground beef if you want it. Drain and set aside.
    combine all of the cheese together in one

Spread 4th of the sauce in the bottom of the crockpot. (This is where you add the beef),
    Arrange 1 layer of noodles over sauce. (I like to lay down a few solid pieces side by side and put broken pieces in the gaps)
    Spread 3rd of the cheese on the noodles.

repeat the sauce (optional beef), then noodles and then cheese.

repeat 1 more time and then top with any remaining sauce. I pour 1 cup of water down one side. If not it dries up too much. If while cooking you think you need more then pour a half cup more down one side.

Cover and cook .... Only 4 hours!!! If you cook too long you will see if dry up! I have done that before!

This scoops out easily and solidly like a pan lasagna. A great dish to start after lunch and have it ready for dinner.

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

I use this website, I hope it is available to you AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com - 1000's of Free Slow Cooker Recipes, Videos, How-To Slow Cook Guides and More! I am sorry, I don't know how to make a hyper-link. Hope this helps you.
    GrammaNan

I came to the realization that chocolate comes from cocoa, cocoa comes from a plant-CHOCOLATE IS SALAD!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly F View Post
    here is mine for crockpot lasagna:

Ingredients:
    1 cup water
    2 jars of your favorite ssauce
    your fave seasonings
    1 pckg (8 ounces) no cook lasagna noodles
    2 bags of 16 ounces mozzarella cheese ( if you want it to be even cheesier then buy more)
    1 12ounce ricotta cheese
    1 small bag of Parmesan shredded
    1 lb ground beef (optional)

cook the ground beef if you want it. Drain and set aside.
    combine all of the cheese together in one

Spread 4th of the sauce in the bottom of the crockpot. (This is where you add the beef),
    Arrange 1 layer of noodles over sauce. (I like to lay down a few solid pieces side by side and put broken pieces in the gaps)
    Spread 3rd of the cheese on the noodles.

repeat the sauce (optional beef), then noodles and then cheese.

repeat 1 more time and then top with any remaining sauce. I pour 1 cup of water down one side. If not it dries up too much. If while cooking you think you need more then pour a half cup more down one side.

Cover and cook .... Only 4 hours!!! If you cook too long you will see if dry up! I have done that before!

This scoops out easily and solidly like a pan lasagna. A great dish to start after lunch and have it ready for dinner.

I had bought the ingredients to do lasagna one day this week but instead I'm going to try your recipe---looks super easy! Thanks.
    Teresa