• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Another Rainy Monday - sort of

Good Morning Folksies
    Sitting here on the corner of Cold and Wet, emphasis on Wet. School is delayed two hours because of icy patches - I am certain our road is slick from the sound of the rain. Our weather of the weekend pretty much melted and this is supposed to turn into a warmer week - I sure hope drier! I know, I know, I shall be belly aching this summer about lack of rain, I just can't seem to get to that place of, oh, I don't know, like the Big Rock Candy Mountain, or something like that. Since I can't find it, I will try to re create it in my head and zoom through the day.

I have to go into the salon this afternoon to take care of a few gals with itchy heads that couldn't make it in before our weather. I have a big pot of pintos soaking, so when my hubs gets home I will most certainly have a nice warm dinner for him.

I need to do some cleaning this morning and a wee bit of laundry. What an exciting life I live. Oh, btw, DD did get back Saturday morning from Philly so the grand dogs left us in the afternoon. I miss them but was Gracie ever happy to see them go!

Okies, boring you with my life, gonna go make sure I can find something that interests me to do today beside work.

As always, hugs and prayers for all, and a big old SMILE - just because it's raining outside doesn't mean I can't be like the sun and shine behind the clouds.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• MRoy
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2011

Re: Another Rainy Monday - sort of

Good morning! After the icing last weekend, we're now going to have rain and temps in the 60s before they take another nose dive. I think I've got the winter doldrums cause I can't seem to get motivated to do anything. Some sunshine might help but it seems to be hiding out around here. It's back to work for me today too. After not being able to get there last Friday, it may be a busy day. Busy makes the day go by quicker. Happy Monday!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• quiltingtrish
      Banned
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2009

hello everyone~I'm just waiting for them to close the school I work at here since every other one is closed. I can't believe that ours is open. That means I need to get dressed in my longjohns to start the walk in - in about 30 minutes. The snow is turning to freezing rain. If it's freezing rain when I walk out that door, I'll come right back inside. No sense in trying to walk in that and there is no way I can get up the driveway in my car in it either. I will take a day without pay before I try to do somesaults in that stuff. So we'll see. We have a skylight in the bathroom. When it turns over to the freezing stuff, you can hear it hitting the plastic or whatever it is up there.
      I hope to be home cutting fabric today, so we shall see.
      Whatever you do today, get that smile on your face.
      Hugs,

Comment

• Iris Girl
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2013

Good Morning All. Not a very nice day here either its only 21 and the sky looks ready to burst open. one report says wintery mix this morning the other wintery mix this afternoon. common denominator being wintery mix. guess that makes it a for sure thing. I only work til early afternoon today. Retail stinks after the holidays everyone has cut hours but at least its work.

My todo list is to work on the sweet tooth runner and a few small things, always looking for ideas to teach to girls in my sewing circle. Hope you all have a safe and happy day I will be back this afternoon.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Good morning friends. I did absolutely no sewing on the weekend. Yesterday was a family fun day at the community centre. I wanted to go snowshoeing but there was a rather large rotweiler(sp?) who belonged to the guy who gave wagon rides. Well that was it for me. I stayed in the hall the whole time. We are getting weather coming from the US. We are expected to get between 10-15cm of snow today. The temperature is creeping upwards. WOOHOO!! I did get on the back roof yesterday to separate the two roofs of ice. I am more careful than my husband. I have a few thoughts on what I WANT to do but don't know yet what I WILL do.

Have a wonderful day friends.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• buckeyequilter
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

ICY OUT THERE!!! DH said he found the ice as soon as he crossed the bridge by the house. I didn't slide until a couple of miles up the road. The truck that was riding my bumper backed off in a hurry. For all those that need to be out - BE CAREFUL.

I'm going to do payroll and then do some busy work to get through the day. When I get home I think I'll just relax and work on my quilt. I have 1/2 the top finished. I'm still thinking about a pattern (and looking) for my brother's quilt.

My daughter is feeling better today and she's off work today and tomorrow so I told her to stay home and rest. She informed me that she's hungry so there may not be any food left in the house when we get home.

Well I'd better get busy. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• ginampls
              The Guild President
              • Sep 2009

i am about to drive DD to school..my apt is in a different district.. so in the car ya go. i may set up abbeys sewing machine ti stitch a bit. Iam in need of getting going...burr cold out there...
              all the best
              Gina

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

I've had about an hours sleep - what a way to start a day of freedom on my part. I thought I could stay up and make it but my eyes are currently about half mast. Off to talk to the sandman. This old broad can't take this fast life.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2011

Good morning. Be safe all of you in the snow and ice. We are set to have temps in the 60s today and tomorrow. It was warm yesterday buy it was a very drizzly and foggy day. They aren't calling for rain today but the rain is suppose to start tomorrow and then on Wednesday we are suppose to drop to the 30s.
                  Need to make a trip to town today. DH checked the phone bill online for this next billing cycle and has used well over half the minutes already and we are only 8 days into the cycle. So he is going to go buy a prepaid phone and a $50 unlimited plan. He will use that phone for his calls to the hospital and doctors and such. We CAN NOT afford for him to go over on our monthly allotment of minutes. It would cost a heck of a lot more than $50 extra.
                  I want to get some fusible stabilizer. All the little squares of fabric I inherited from DH's Grandmother are cut from stretchy fabrics so I want to lay them out on the stabilizer after I have trimmed them up even and then iron them to the stabilizer. It should make sewing them easier.
                  Right now the squares are not even.. I can tell they were cut by hand. I even think I am going to try hand-sewing a lap quilt with them. I have never done a hand sewn quilt and it just seems appropriate for Grandma's squares.

Hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.
                  Donna
                  MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Good morning! Tatiana is walking up and down the hall, calling to me with her 'kill'...one of the cute catnip toys that Cathy put in my SSS box....Layla is zonked still in the bedroom (with Jasmine the giraffe that Cathy made) hmmm...feeling a pattern? Well, during our quilt retreat, I used the cool pin cushion tool holder that Cathy gave me!!

Retreat was awesome. We are already planning another. We rented out the local pool and raquet club clubhouse....fit 30 ladies in nicely, slept at HOME (and so was able to go back and bring things you forgot the first time out) or call the HUSBAND to the rescue...we had at least 5 husband runs
                    I will upload photos of what I worked on....accomplished...not ENOUGH, mind you, but very much indeed...

We have a lazy day planned, with a trip to work to buy Layla her first crayola crayons and to get cat food...
                    Lots of laundry to catch up on, and putting away of my quilt stuff that we dragged in...

Icy rain today, 73 by Wednesday and snow?? on Friday....ya have to wonder...
                    TAKE care all!
                    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

• meemeecyn
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2011

It sure is nice to check in here and get uplifted! Even with the yucky weather, people are still smiling. Thank you for the sunshine, everyone!

What are you making with the pinto beans, Blondie? No matter what, sounds yummy!

Sandy, hope you get to catch up on your sleep!

Please be careful out there in this weather. I hear we are supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow.

Have a great day all.
                      Cynthia

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2011

It is interesting to me that the best weather forecast I can get it by coming here! Whatever many of you are getting will be here in a day or two, so I can expect some freezing rain then a warm-up. Today will be another sewing day. I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past 30 years and I think it's time I return to the work force since my last homeshooled kid just graduated last spring. I just don't know what to do! I am praying that God would find me a good, part-time job. Until then I am happily home, sewing, cooking and cleaning, with an emphasis on the sewing. With a house full of guys (DH and two DSs) nobody much cares what the house looks like. Food is another story! They all want a good, hot meal at the end of a workday, though they all help out and cook, too. The gas grill is a beautiful thing and they are willing to go out even if it is freezing. Too bad I don't know how to use it, right?
                        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• MayinJerset
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2012

Some of that rainy icy weather is supposed to be heading our way but whatever it does I'm planning to stay in and work on quilts.
                          Lots of boring laundry to do too so I'll do that inbetween quilting. Have a few photos of what I've been working on, kimono and red riding hood are going into guild's library show in Feb and flower, string are hurricane survivor quits. Sorry they are a little dark, cameraa is acting up again. May
                          flowers.jpgPurplesmall.jpg
                          kimonos.jpgredsmall.jpg
                          Last edited by MayinJerset; January 28, 2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2011

May, those are all very lovely. I love the Little Red Riding Hood!
                            Donna
                            MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2012

I'm in Iowa heading back to Missouri. Can't see 50 feet ahead because of the fog. Think I'll hang out here for a while and see if things improve. Got to talk to Tony the art director of Fons and Porter the other day As he was quilting a beautiful quilt and got some good pointers about using rulers with long arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X