Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Big problems with Husqvarna Viking Sewing/Embroidery machines

Last week I wrote this post on my blog: Why I will never again purchase or recommend Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machines

Since then I've been following other owners on both of Husqvarna Viking's FB pages. They have a Global page and a US page. Other owners report their machines breaking and needing replacement parts but the parts being on backorder for months. Something is going on with Husqvarna Viking's manufacturing process that has caused all parts for repair to be on backorder until end of February 2013.

My Viking Topaz 20 has been in the shop since December 8th waiting on a new tension assembly (this was the fourth time it went to the shop for a thread tension problem). The machine was less than a year old when the tension problems began and just over a year old when the tension assembly stopped working altogether.

My dealer is pretty bad and refused to offer a loaner machine or a replacement. I've filed with the BBB to try and rectify this.

Just wanted to warn you gals that might be shopping for machines. Something weird is going on with Viking.
    Katie's Quilting Corner
    Tutorials, projects, podcast and don't miss Free Pattern Friday!
    Follow me on: Facebook - Pinterest - Twitter - Flickr

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Big problems with Husqvarna Viking Sewing/Embroidery machines

ug, that really sucks for you! now that i know what it's like to HAVE a machine I would hate to be WITHOUT it! You must be so disappointed and frustrated!!! Sorry

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up Katie. That must be so frustrating. I think if at all feasible, I would go to a different dealer and try to trade it in on a different brand. Wondered where you had been, glad to have you back.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Viking, but it is only a few months old. I am crossing my fingers that nothing happens. It is not an embroidery machine, so hopefully there are no problems. If you ever get a new machine, I believe that pfaff, Viking and singer are all made in the same plant.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"Back in the Day"... Hus was one of the very best... that being said... things have indeed changed... they are NOT what they used to be... i have and will forever be a huge fan of Janome... bought my first a while back when i moved...
    I was working (at the time)... in a wonderful fabric store.. i bought myselfa Designer I... in 2000... we then moved here to the community of my dreams,, thus, the trip to the local Janome dealer nearer here... the pricing was so much better, and the service too!!!! Heck,, i talked up my home so much,, that the gal at the J dealer, ended up moving here!!! There is a nice group of quilters here and she helps a lot with them..I only did ONE upgrade on my Designer.. and i'm glad,,,, it's been a wonderful machine... i did have to replace "the board" in 2010,,, but it's been a trooper and i've managed to keep the ME going strong with software that works from a MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE.. supplier of compatible stuff...
    Oh, i forgot,,, Brother has great machines as well,,, my visit to that dealer was very informative... he's worked on ALL machines all his life... he and his DAD and the "dirt" on them is that they have improved immensly and are one of the best... i bought one... it's still waiting for the maiden voyage.... but i was impressed with the test run and pricing for what it had...
    So... YES, be leary of Hus i think,,, if thinking of buying NEW... be leary of both Bernina and Hus in my opinion... i've a friend that hated her B.... sold it back at a loss and is much happier with her BabyLockEllegante... (ps.. Jenny uses Baby Lock i've noticed... )...always ask around and check out places on the net with reviews for sewingmachines..
    FYI.. i also heard that Sears machines are made by Janome... something to check out,,,
    Last edited by GrammaBabs; January 27th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even imagine dropping that much dough down for a machine, only to be disappointed and frustrated in the end.
    I hope you are 'made whole' soon, Katie. That just sucks!
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I think Sandy has a Viking in for repairs now too.

Hey Babs, Brother makes the Babylock Elegante. I was in the babylock showroom with my sister last summer and made the comment that the Babylock looked a lot like the Brother. The dealer told me Brother made them.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up, I am planning on buying a new embroidery machine and a Husquvana was on the top of the list with a Pfaff .. mainly because they have nice big hoops ........I will have to keep thinking.
    Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leonie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads-up, Katie. I was thinking about buying one last year, but ended up getting a Janome because the dealer was sooooo bad.
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GrammaBabs;232502
    FYI.. i also heard that Sears machines are made by Janome... something to check out,,,[/QUOTE]

I have a Kenmore made by Janome. At first I didn't like it very much but I tweaked a couple of things and now I love it. I think you can still get them but when they're gone the Kenmore brand will be gone.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!