Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Big problems with Husqvarna Viking Sewing/Embroidery machines

Quote Originally Posted by Winniesfriend View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I am planning on buying a new embroidery machine and a Husquvana was on the top of the list with a Pfaff .. mainly because they have nice big hoops ........I will have to keep thinking.
    I think I'm going to be in the market for a new embroidey machine soon. I want one with a larger embroidery area but I will stay with Brother so the parts will interchange.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Shortly after it went in the shop I purchased a used Pfaff Creative 2.0 from a quilt shop that I have a very good relationship with. I know Pfaff, Viking and Singer are all owned by the same company but I think 85% of a purchasing decision should be made because of the dealer and the repair person they use. The Pfaff seems to be made a bit better than the Topaz and it has a few extras I find really useful built in to the machine.

My Pfaff sews wonderfully and the embroidery is even better than the Hus/Viking I had.

Still waiting for the company to fix or replace my Viking Topaz 20 so I can make sure it works perfectly before I sell it. The dealer here just isn't worth my time anymore.

I'm glad I went ahead and purchased the Pfaff because if not I'd still be waiting on my machine! It was bad enough not having a machine around Thanksgiving but for them to leave me without one for Christmas and now Valentine's Day is ridiculous.

Anyway - beware ladies! I'll keep you updated with my ongoing saga.
    Katie's Quilting Corner
    Tutorials, projects, podcast and don't miss Free Pattern Friday!
    Follow me on: Facebook - Pinterest - Twitter - Flickr

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 vikings and have had good luck with them the designer 1 -the sapphire- and the ruby I do think the dealer has alot to do with it they should have given you a loaner find a good dealer then buy a new machine when you can nothing like being disapointed in your machine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My Brother 1250d has been working well for me. I am glad I didn't chose a machine with problems like that. I was and am a novice at machines, so I think I just lucked out.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Viking topaz 20 and haven't had any problems with it or my dealer.
    "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatiesQuiltingCorner View Post
    I know Pfaff, Viking and Singer are all owned by the same company but I think 85% of a purchasing decision should be made because of the dealer and the repair person they use.
    I couldn't agree more! At some point, your machine WILL need servicing. I could have saved $50 on my machine if I bought it at Walmart, but for the extra $50 I was able to purchase it from a store that I trust, and that does in-store repairs. It was an easy decision! Not only check out who you're buying it from, but ask about who will be doing your repairs as well because it's not always the same store! And if you have a good dealer and a good repair person, then when your machine does need servicing it's that little bit easier
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All my first machines were Singer and Kenmores. They did well but machines were advancing, So I got the Viking Rose. It has an embroidery attachment (only 4'') which I never used. I love my Viking, no problems. But I wanted an embriodery machine with the bigger hoops and a usb port ( I didn't want to buy cartrages) so I got the Babylock Ellagante. I never used it for regular sewing! Now I have to use it because my quilting class coming up requires a free motion foot. lol

So this expensive machine has been sitting here quietly wating to be used besides embroidery. I just didn't want my Viking to get jealous. lol

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Spoke to my dealer rep yesterday. She confirmed that Viking has had issues with quality assurance on their parts from the manufacturer. They had to reject a recent shipment of parts (mine included) and wait on a new shipment to come in which is why many peoples machine repairs have been delayed.

They still don't know when my machine will be fixed. The part might be here next week, might be here end of February. No one knows. I'm stuck waiting along with many other people.
    Katie's Quilting Corner

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Viking and haven't had any issues with it. I also have a wonderful dealer here. I actually love my viking. I have the diamond so I was able to purchase the mega hoop which is the largest embroidery hoop I've seen so far.

I'm sorry you are having so many issues! Not having a machine for that long would make me crazy. Have you written (emailed) them from their web site? I would think your dealer should be able to lend you a machine until your issues are resolved.
    Thank you,

Ginny K

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GinnyKNC View Post
    I'm sorry you are having so many issues! Not having a machine for that long would make me crazy. Have you written (emailed) them from their web site? I would think your dealer should be able to lend you a machine until your issues are resolved.
    Viking corporate is well aware of my issue. My dealer told me they've never had to wait for a part like this so they don't have machines to loan, it isn't part of their normal practice.

I went out and bought a machine since I couldn't deal with waiting. Once this Viking is fixed I'm selling it.
    Katie's Quilting Corner