Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Red face My office/craft room/sewing room/studio/whatchamacallit!

Right now, this room is just named "The Office", but that was given when we first moved in almost two years ago and I hadn't taken up sewing at that point. It was just going to be somewhere for my computer, printer, paper shredder, office things, plus craft storage. Well, now I don't know what in the heck to call it but I finally had to clean and clear some things away tonight because it was driving me nuts lol Still not perfect, but at least it's functional!! So, I figured I would share some pictures so you can see how I'm coping in such a tiny space lol

My closet storage:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Closet Storage.jpg 
Views:	1502 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	37786
    I store my fabric under my main desk, but forgot to take a picture of that. Oops! Well, you're not missing much, don't worry lol

Name:	Top Shelf.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	37791
    The top shelf of the closet

Name:	Cutting Area.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	37787
    My cutting table, definitely needs to be raised (I'm 5'10"!) but it works for now

Name:	Ironing Board.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	37788
    My TV table turned ironing board and my WEE LITTLE IRON! Isn't it cute? Doesn't get too hot though, so I still keep my "real" iron for things that need a good pressing.

Name:	Paper Lanterns.jpg 
Views:	918 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	37789
    Some paper lanterns to decorate the place. They're in a corner over a book shelf so The Giant won't bump in to them

Name:	Wedding Shrine.jpg 
Views:	792 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	37792
    What DH refers to as the "Wedding Shrine" lol Leftover momentos from our wedding (our cake top, box from our wine ceremony that contains a bottle of vodka (not wine lol) and letters that we will open on our 5th anniversary, the mickey hats we wore for pictures and our sand ceremony set)

Name:	Ruler Storage.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	37793
    My ruler storage (my long ruler is never here, even though I left a space for it lol It doesn't leave my cutting table!

Name:	Sewing Area.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	37794
    My sewing desk, complete with book/patterns/fabric for Farmer's Wife quilt

My room is only about 9' x 10', so VERY tiny! But it works for me Underneath my sewing desk I have a set of drawers with fabric, plus a rubbermaid tub with random craft crap that I have NO idea how to even begin sorting it and a small basket that contains fabric longer than 1 yard. Oh, and there's a box of batting under there too lol And on the opposite wall is my monkey collection on two shelves:

Name:	DSC03507.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	37795

It ain't much, but it's mine!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, bajasadie, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My office/craft room/sewing room/studio/whatchamacallit!

Love your little iron and whoever gets your name for the 2013 Swap has lots of clues now!!!
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bkthomas View Post
    Love your little iron and whoever gets your name for the 2013 Swap has lots of clues now!!!
    Do you think they can tell I like monkeys? And pink? Maybe it's a little too subtle... lol

Oh! I forgot to mention that my ironing board AND my little sewing box are made with the same fabric! The table I made, the box I bought at Walmart. It's this fabric:

http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/4409

Love it! Now to make Sally a cover with it
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a great space!
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Musical_Starling View Post
    Do you think they can tell I like monkeys? And pink? Maybe it's a little too subtle... lol

Oh! I forgot to mention that my ironing board AND my little sewing box are made with the same fabric! The table I made, the box I bought at Walmart. It's this fabric:

http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/4409

Love it! Now to make Sally a cover with it
    .......and Mickey!!! I was gonna mention that fabric - LOVE it!!!! - Thanks for the link!
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Small sometimes keeps you organized. When I was working with just two sewing boxes my mother got me for Christmas one year I was far more organized than I am now.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shannonsaulter View Post
    What a great space!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bkthomas View Post
    .......and Mickey!!! I was gonna mention that fabric - LOVE it!!!! - Thanks for the link!
    Duh! How could I forget Mickey! I actually love all things Disney, but my biggest Disney love is actually Eeyore! I have a HUGE one that FIL bought for me, crazy bugger paid something like $75 for it! lol I think I have probably 10 stuffed Eeyores, plus pyjamas, shirts, Christmas ornaments, even an easter basket! lol Oh, and a clock too, that I haven't hung up in my office yet... Hrmm.. I will have to make room... Whenever the in-laws (or Mom and Dad #2 as I call them lol) go to Edmonton they go to the Disney store and if they see Eeyore then they send it home as a surprise I'm totally spoiled!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisapc View Post
    Small sometimes keeps you organized. When I was working with just two sewing boxes my mother got me for Christmas one year I was far more organized than I am now.
    I agree completely, because if I didn't stay organized then I'd have no room to work (hence why I had to organize tonight before I could get started lol)
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Duh how could you forget? Mine is Tigger. Even the DGK's aren't allowed to play with Granny's Tiggers. My room will be small too, if I ever get around to doing it. Will also have to have futon in mine for when sis comes to visit. So good to see what you have managed to do with a small space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musical_Starling View Post
    Thanks!

Duh! How could I forget Mickey! I actually love all things Disney, but my biggest Disney love is actually Eeyore! I have a HUGE one that FIL bought for me, crazy bugger paid something like $75 for it! lol I think I have probably 10 stuffed Eeyores, plus pyjamas, shirts, Christmas ornaments, even an easter basket! lol Oh, and a clock too, that I haven't hung up in my office yet... Hrmm.. I will have to make room... Whenever the in-laws (or Mom and Dad #2 as I call them lol) go to Edmonton they go to the Disney store and if they see Eeyore then they send it home as a surprise I'm totally spoiled!

I agree completely, because if I didn't stay organized then I'd have no room to work (hence why I had to organize tonight before I could get started lol)
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Duh how could you forget? Mine is Tigger. Even the DGK's aren't allowed to play with Granny's Tiggers. My room will be small too, if I ever get around to doing it. Will also have to have futon in mine for when sis comes to visit. So good to see what you have managed to do with a small space.
    It's past midnight and my brain has already turned in to a pumpkin. That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol One of my classmates in High School LOVED Tigger! She had Tigger EVERYTHING I think lol I could certainly have more room in here if I took out the shelves, but I like having "my" things in there to decorate the place. I don't have enough fabric to line the walls so I had to use something
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dee, you know you would have much more room if you didn't close the door at night and let all your creatures have the run of the room to mess things for you . . . I could tell that Mickey and Minnie have a ball in there when you aren't looking!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."