Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The (not quite) 10 Minute Table Runner

I love this pattern! I have made several of these, and they are so versatile and make great gifts! Have fun with them!
    ~Laurie

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Lynn how did you get the gold trim on? I've only seen it done with buttons. Thanks, I love it.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hi Ladies, I can shed some light on this table runner, basically it's tube quilting meets dresden plate, that's right, for all you ladies doing the dresden blocks this will be easy. The stitching would be 10 mins but there is a little more to it than that...like cutting, pressing, adding trim etc.

Here is one I did Friday morning:

Mine is not quite finished, I want to do something pretty maybe on those end triangles and put a bit of quilting in, although this is not essential. I did put some batting in mine, just in the centre piece not the parts that get folded and I used an iron on pellon which is why I would not need to quilt it.

You simply create a tube using a 10" piece x WOF and an 18" piece x WOF, turn it to the right side flatten it out and press, centreing the feature 10" piece. Fold lengthways in half, back of runner together and stitch across the end, turn this to the front to create the point and stitch the edge down. This is in fact the opposite to the dresden where you put right sides together, stitch and flip over to the back and you can do it this way if you prefer more of your feature fabric to show the entire length with just an edging of the back fabric, it's up to you.

They look really lovely in Christmas fabrics or any themed fabric.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandyquilts View Post
    Lynn how did you get the gold trim on? I've only seen it done with buttons. Thanks, I love it.

Sandy
    Hi Sandy
    It is just a piece of woven gold braid type trim, I simply put it down on the folded edge and stitched down both sides of it which effectively stitched down my folded edge for me. I would probably not use this particular braid again as it unravelled on the ends too easily and it was tricky to fold the end under to stitch it down to make it neat. I need to find an alternative though because I really like the gold trim. I've seen the edge stitched with some lace inserted and it looks pretty but I'm not a lace girl generally. I've also seen it done with yoyo's and all manner of other fancy bits to dress it up while securing that fold.

Have fun dressing up these easy little table runners, they can be so pretty.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I made some of these, and they really are fast! I love quick and easy projects!!! I made one and took to my quilter group meeting to share. One of the ladies saw it, and wanted the pattern. So I shared it with her. She ended up making about 50 or so for Christmas presents. She's sold some as well. I have a couple to make for Christmas as well. I too, put a little batting in the center, which can be a bit tricky to get it even in the tube. But it's not too bad. I made one for Thanksgiving, which had pumpkins on it, in little blocks. I cut out a couple of the blocks, and then appliqued the pumpkins on the points. On another one, I used a decorative button to accent the runner. Your table runner is gorgeous!!! Love the colors!!!