Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has anyone tried using the search engine since the turnover?

whoa, I've been head down in code working on the site for the last two weeks, I have neglected my faithful forumers!!

So the search is actually really good, there's a few kinks in it still (if you put a quote mark or an apostrophe you get nothing back, goofy things like that) but it's about a million times better than what we had, and I'm customizing the algorithm component myself, so it will keep getting better.

We do still have some issues in IE (you can't click the second image for example, some of the modules don't show the right information) but I about have that tied down and should be able to push a fix up soon.

What else am I missing? I have about 20 issues on my list right now, we had one user notice the infinite scroll will keep scrolling the last page forever, and a few other bugs, so I'm on those. Once I know about them, I can fix them!

What else am I missing, give me your worst! What else is there that I need to tighten up on this? Once it's done, it's going to be awesome! One of the other cool features we're working on is video reviews of the products, take a look at this one for example - http://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/194

click on the video icon in the top left. We're figuring out how we can put these together for every product in the shop. Also, hurray hurray, I got it fixed so we can add new product again We've got a bit of a back log going up today and tomorrow!

But seriously, what else is wonky, help me find em!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well help has arrived Thank you!

The last thing I noticed happening was when I put stuff in my cart a different item would show up. I would have to keep trying until it put the correct item in my cart.

I added a charm pack to my wish list and it added 2. When I tried to delete one of them it deleted both.
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; January 24th, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    The last thing I noticed happening was when I put stuff in my cart a different item would show up. I would have to keep trying until it put the correct item in my cart.
    Got that fixed yesterday, let me know if you see that happen anymore!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, how can you pick fabric by color? I know you can select a designer and that it will show something on the left about by color, but nothing works. I want the ability to pick fabric by color as I don't know the designers.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madampolo View Post
    Bill, how can you pick fabric by color? I know you can select a designer and that it will show something on the left about by color, but nothing works. I want the ability to pick fabric by color as I don't know the designers.
    Hover over categories and on the right you'll see the fabric by the yard option, click on a color there, should take you right to it. Or if you search for blue fabric or orange fabric (for example) it should show up as well

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your hard work. Great site!!
    Shirley

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here is the issue that i'm having....when in the fabric by yard i'm searching, scrolling and picking out and putting in my cart. When i go back to shop some more I don't get all the selection back...frustrated.. I use firefox.
    Kellie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that isn't working right now is: Categories > Print Style - When I click on the style it closes.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelliedi View Post
    Ok here is the issue that i'm having....when in the fabric by yard i'm searching, scrolling and picking out and putting in my cart. When i go back to shop some more I don't get all the selection back...frustrated.. I use firefox.
    So when you are scrolling and you click into a product, then hit the back button it doesn't save where you were on the page? Is that it? Or is it something else

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    Another thing that isn't working right now is: Categories > Print Style - When I click on the style it closes.
    When you click on the dropdown to choose a style it doesn't take you to that category? Can you tell me what browser you're using? I'll check it out, I haven't seen any problem with it yet