Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Still can't post pictures

I CAN still insert photos into a post (see pics below) only using the HTML language...[IMG] [/IMG]

If I try to insert a pic into a post using the "Insert Image" window from the Post message toolbar above it does not work at all when selecting "Upload from Computer". If I select Add a Picture from a URL using a direct URL link it gives an error message stating "Invalid File".

Sorry for giving you all these headaches Al! But I have every confidence you will get to the bottom of it! Thanks!
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

this is great feedback sewbee, I think I have a bead on it, I'll work on it some more tonght!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Making sure I got this right, the only place there is a problem is when you click the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar here?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

No...that is just one place I happened to notice yesterday. The real problem is not being able to add any new pics to our albums under our profiles. That requires use of the File Upload Manager and that is still not working as I described in previous posts above. I rarely use the insert pic here in the posting window but just thought I should check it yesterday....it may be totally unrelated to the other problem.

I don't mind having to use HTML here in a post message to insert a pic but lots of folks don't have internet photo storage sites or are too unfamiliar with the HTML process. Because being able to add photos to our photo albums here is so critical to sharing our work and for group albums also...the File Upload Manager is the real problem in my mind.
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm trying this now, I've successfully uploaded images to my album, can I get some of you to try it for me?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, it worked, thanks YGLSCG!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

YAY AL! I was just able to upload pics from my photobucket site and also from my computer into my albums using the File Upload Manager! PLUS I was able to upload my bumblebee avatar below from my photobucket site using the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar and then selecting "URL".

Name:  BUMBLEBEEAVATAR.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  14.5 KB

The only thing that did not work for me was trying to insert a pic from my home computer into this post using the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar, under the COMPUTER tab and clicking on "SELECT FILES". Nothing happens in that window to bring up any files from my computer.

HOWEVER, if I scroll down the post message window to the area under "Additional Options" where it says "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" I am able to locate a picture in the File Upload Manager that I have already uploaded and can insert it into my post message like we used to be able to do.

SO YAY!! Looks like we have ability to put new pics in our albums and add pics to our posts again!
    THANKS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAN APPLIQUE STITCH PATTERN SM.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	2077  
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

mine isn't working. i cannot add any photos to my albums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logcabin star.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	2080  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    mine isn't working. i cannot add any photos to my albums
    i can add what i already have loaded but cannot add new ones

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Patrice are you trying to load photos to your albums from your computer or a website? Are you getting any kind of error message?
    Linda