Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 ornaments in 5 minutes..

I was watching this video and thought NO WAY!! There is no way I could make those 5 ornaments in 5 minutes. I couldn't even make 1 of them in 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou50tdNYpa8
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 5 ornaments in 5 minutes..

The button one is about as close as you can get to 5 minutes. The rest no way. lol
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...I don't even think I could do the button one in 5 minutes...unless I used huge buttons.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Come on, now ladies. We all know that by the time you've already gathered all your supplies, cut your ribbons, found where you stashed the right ribbon, picked out the buttons, found the right color pins, cleaned up a few spills, answered the telephone, gone back after a fresh cup of coffee, answered the telephone, let the dog out, brought the cat in, remembered what you were going to do today, run to Hobby Lobby for more styrofoam balls, made a stop at Michaels because they had a better selection, gotten home and made lunch, decided what you are fixing for dinner, answered the telephone, brought the dog in, let the cat out, cleaned up another spill, remembered where you left your craft scissors, realized you didn't have enough red ribbon, forgot where you left your glasses . . .

Heck, I have about 50 made already and it only took me all day.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

5. Thanks HandsomeRyan, Jess1377, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they meant they could SHOW us 5 ornaments in a 5 minute video??
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

-- Sandy that sounds JUST LIKE my day, but without the kitty -- I have 3 schnauzers and they are like toddlers - but what gets me more off the sewing routine -- and I swear to it . . that someone hooked the telephone line to my sewing machine and my seat . . NO SOONER than I sit down and turn on the machine -- that blasted phone rings . . *shaking head*~ .. it doesn't miss a beat . .

even when I was a full time crafter . I couldn't get done 5 in 5 minutes . . maybe 5 hours -- no way 5 minutes . . LOL*~
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got a big chuckle out of this thread and video. First of all, I've just about given up on using styrofoam because of the cost. Used to be an iinexpensive was to make Christmas tree, balls, etc. Now, it is just not cost effective.
    Secondly, Diane, you and I must have the same relations and friends who just KNOW when you are ready to sew. Welcome on in to my world.
    And Sandy, I am NEVER prepared like that for anything I endeavor.
    Shirley, once again, dear heart, you've made my day. Still giggling over our mutual thinking.
    I am in such good company.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Very funny postings. I agree with them all. I favor the theory of instructions for 5 in 5. You are all too funny but so real.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Um......wow. Yeah. NO. This isn't gonna happen in my world. I got the new sew ornament down to ohhhhh an hour and a half? But ya....these??? No. Not happening! Where is she getting those "pretty pearly pins"?

I am beginning to think Sandy has a hidden camera in some of our homes. Anyone else feel this way?
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CountryHut View Post
    -- Sandy that sounds JUST LIKE my day, but without the kitty -- I have 3 schnauzers and they are like toddlers - but what gets me more off the sewing routine -- and I swear to it . . that someone hooked the telephone line to my sewing machine and my seat . . NO SOONER than I sit down and turn on the machine -- that blasted phone rings . . *shaking head*~ .. it doesn't miss a beat . .

even when I was a full time crafter . I couldn't get done 5 in 5 minutes . . maybe 5 hours -- no way 5 minutes . . LOL*~
    My phone does the same thing......sit down, put the needle in the fabr....RING, RING