Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is shipping so much?

I would have like to order the new bookazine but shipping would be $32.95 for a total of $52.04. That is a pretty expensive magazine don't you think?

I realize the cost of shipping went up, but that much?
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why is shipping so much?

I'm not ordering until I have a large order - I wanted a daily deal and a jelly roll but the shipping was nearly twice the cost of the items!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is totally out of line.I wonder if there is a problem with the store since they redone everything.You might email them and question them on it. I just sent them an e mail because I kept getting a busy signal when I called. But my problem is with the shopping site and processing an order.
    I can not believe that it cost that much just to mail a magazine out.

Hugs Ann

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

There must be something wrong....I ordered the magazine thru M* this morning and shipping was only $5 as usual. I would call them.

Judy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's only going to get worse, USPS is going up on the 27th!

Once I'm in GA, Monique - it's best to consolodate our orders and ship to me then ship one over stuffed padded flat rate envelope to you.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique is from Canada, and Poppy is from Australia. This is why their shipping is higher. I don't know if the increase is accurate. It does sound a bit (tongue in cheek) high.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

What bugs me and this is not a reflection on M*, maybe I shouldn't even mention it but it is a beef with me. I get upset when US suppliers have specials and offer free shipping within the US, yet Hawaii and Alaska most times have to pay regular fees along with us folks in Canada. If they offer free shipping, cant they at least offer a half off to the rest of us? Just a beef I have and as I said not a reflection on M* as I don't know if they've ever offered free shipping. If they ever do, I hope they take the rest of us into consideration.

9. Thanks Wwena, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got the email regarding the daily deal this morning and there is a section in it regarding the problems with the new website. Unfortunately no matter what there always seems to be problems with a new site. I am hoping the shipping rates are part of that problem. I wold definitely call the store or at least send an email to check on the shipping rates.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just poked around and found their explaination. I have to say I'm very disappointed although I understand a business can't stay in business if they aren't making money.

http://missouriquiltco.com/content/shipping-returns

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone, I understand the confusion on the price of shipping for International customers. We are structuring it so that you will only pay 'actual' cost to ship. We are working on adding back in the 'flat rate' shipping option, but for now rest assured that you will be refunded the difference. For example, if you pay $32.95 for shipping and it actually only costs us $12.95 you will be refunded the difference. (in this case $20)
    I sure hope this helps. Thanks so much for being patient while we smooth out these kinks!! You are going to LOVE the magazine!!