• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Why is shipping so much?

I would have like to order the new bookazine but shipping would be $32.95 for a total of $52.04. That is a pretty expensive magazine don't you think?

I realize the cost of shipping went up, but that much?
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Poppytree
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Re: Why is shipping so much?

I'm not ordering until I have a large order - I wanted a daily deal and a jelly roll but the shipping was nearly twice the cost of the items!
    Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

• grannyann
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2012

That is totally out of line.I wonder if there is a problem with the store since they redone everything.You might email them and question them on it. I just sent them an e mail because I kept getting a busy signal when I called. But my problem is with the shopping site and processing an order.
      I can not believe that it cost that much just to mail a magazine out.
      sigpic
      Hugs Ann

Comment

• JudyNewToQuilting
        UN-Biased
        • Aug 2012

There must be something wrong....I ordered the magazine thru M* this morning and shipping was only $5 as usual. I would call them.

Judy

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2011

It's only going to get worse, USPS is going up on the 27th!

Once I'm in GA, Monique - it's best to consolodate our orders and ship to me then ship one over stuffed padded flat rate envelope to you.
          sigpic

Comment

• madampolo
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2012

Monique is from Canada, and Poppy is from Australia. This is why their shipping is higher. I don't know if the increase is accurate. It does sound a bit (tongue in cheek) high.
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

• Denis
              The Guild President
              • Nov 2011

What bugs me and this is not a reflection on M*, maybe I shouldn't even mention it but it is a beef with me. I get upset when US suppliers have specials and offer free shipping within the US, yet Hawaii and Alaska most times have to pay regular fees along with us folks in Canada. If they offer free shipping, cant they at least offer a half off to the rest of us? Just a beef I have and as I said not a reflection on M* as I don't know if they've ever offered free shipping. If they ever do, I hope they take the rest of us into consideration.

Comment

• Lisapc
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2012

I got the email regarding the daily deal this morning and there is a section in it regarding the problems with the new website. Unfortunately no matter what there always seems to be problems with a new site. I am hoping the shipping rates are part of that problem. I wold definitely call the store or at least send an email to check on the shipping rates.
                Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Tanya D
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2012

I just poked around and found their explaination. I have to say I'm very disappointed although I understand a business can't stay in business if they aren't making money.

Need to return something? Click here for more info! Start a Return Domestic Shipping As always, you get $5.99 flat shipping on all orders up to $58.99! Plus, once your order is at $59, our Standard Shipping is totally FREE! FedEx Shipping Time How Much Will It cost? Standard Shipping 3-12 Business Days to the lower 48;
                  Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

• sewhot
                    The Guild President
                    • Feb 2009

Hi Everyone, I understand the confusion on the price of shipping for International customers. We are structuring it so that you will only pay 'actual' cost to ship. We are working on adding back in the 'flat rate' shipping option, but for now rest assured that you will be refunded the difference. For example, if you pay $32.95 for shipping and it actually only costs us $12.95 you will be refunded the difference. (in this case $20)
                    I sure hope this helps. Thanks so much for being patient while we smooth out these kinks!! You are going to LOVE the magazine!!

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2011

As they have gotten bigger, they aren't putting DC on their shipping either anymore. I ordered on Dec 13th, lost, oops no DC on this order was the first email message we'll send it again the 28th. Three more emails, never got the DC from them, just keep waiting some more was the answer. Yesterday, finally the confession we don't add DC to save money. I demanded a refund, I'm done waiting. This is the second order in 6 months that went missing and I specificcally asked to make sure that a DC be placed on the second replacement even if I had to pay for it. Very frustrating! From all my on-line buying in two years to Hawaii, this is the only store that I've had problems with. I really think it's because they cut the DC off, especially when it goes to Hawaii or Puerto Rico.

I've needed stuff for European friends but told them to wait 'till I got to Georgia, just went to Joann's yesterday and shipped a bunch of stuff to Norway and England. I could have had it shipped to Kat but I'm done chasing them by phone and email. I'll wait 'till they get through this growth spurth and customer service back in place. Ugh!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Monique
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2011

Ruby, I will get everything shipped to your new address when you move. LOL!!

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Denis View Post
                          What bugs me and this is not a reflection on M*, maybe I shouldn't even mention it but it is a beef with me. I get upset when US suppliers have specials and offer free shipping within the US, yet Hawaii and Alaska most times have to pay regular fees along with us folks in Canada. If they offer free shipping, cant they at least offer a half off to the rest of us? Just a beef I have and as I said not a reflection on M* as I don't know if they've ever offered free shipping. If they ever do, I hope they take the rest of us into consideration.
                          Yes, Denis, it urks us too here in Hawaii! Or when they won't even send to Hawaii or Alaska, hello PFR is the same cost to us! Agree there should be some kind of substantial discounts to our Canadian/Aussie friends as well. MSQC does offer Free Shipping as a Daily Deal.
                          sigpic

Comment

• shannonsaulter
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2012

I ordered the DD a marking pencil and the new mag only can to just over $20...it was the standard $5 on MSQC
                            These things, I warmly wish for you-
                            Someone to love, some work to do,
                            A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                            And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                            `*.¸.*´
                            ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                            (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

• Monique
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
                              Yes, Denis, it urks us too here in Hawaii! Or when they won't even send to Hawaii or Alaska, hello PFR is the same cost to us! Agree there should be some kind of substantial discounts to our Canadian/Aussie friends as well. MSQC does offer Free Shipping as a Daily Deal.
                              Ruby, it is still never free for us no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                              X