Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Sunday morning 1 13 13

Good Morning Its Sunday!!
    I am doing okay,. It sure has been a while since I have posted let alone me starting the morning post.
    lets see...most of my family are well. My Mom is really loosing her memory. Abbey my DD is growing fast.
    I still work at Joann's and it s good. I work today.. just a short shift.1 to 5 pm..I learn new things everyday, like "I didn't know we had this item".... I have so many craft projects i want to start. but i am committed to finishing the current one before i plow into the next one.
    perhaps me hanging out here again will charge me up! okay off i go for now...love you guys.
    all the best
    Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday morning 1 13 13

Good morning. I have been up for at least an hour. Just catching up on the posts. It is a very icy looking morning out there and glad I am not going anywhere today. I need to stay here and get some clothes ironed and ready for whenever DH decides he need to head to Lansing to be with his Mom. He talked to a nurse last evening and his mom said she was hungry, but yet she didn't know who DH was when they mentioned his name.
    I have socks and clothes hanging around the house drying since I had to take them down off the line to soon because of the weather. Hopefully today I can get them all folded and put away and get my sewing area back! I will have lots of sewing time when DH is in Lansing. It will be very quiet here for sure. I won't be able to go with him this time. He will have too much to do and with the horse and mule and cats and dogs, it is really hard for both of us to be gone at the same time unless we know exactly how long we are going to be gone and can work something out with a neighbor to feed and water the cats and the horse and mule. We always take the dogs with us.

Have said my morning prayers. And am keeping all of you in them.

Hugs.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We're getting some hard rain showers here...more water before the temps drop again. I sewed yesterday for the first time since Jan 1. Still working on cheddar bow-tie blocks that finish at 4". I have 240 made and need about 120 more for a bed quilt. I've sewn all the units I had cut so I may kit up more today. Prayers for all those going through difficult times.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How nice to see you Gina! Happy Quilting and Happy Sunday to All!
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gina, it is great to see you...glad you are okay, I am working at Jo's today also....10 - 3....and Steve should be getting into town as I am getting off of work....yeah, 36 hours and he will be gone again! I am trying to figure out what I want to do next....Donna, I am keeping you all in prayer and in my thoughts today...feel a hug that would be me!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Raining again. I should have known that as my arthritic knees have been giving out that forcast all last week. Feeling more upbeat today, enjoyed yesterday's Pillowcase Sew In and chatting with the gals. Think I needed to get out and do something constructive to get out of my slump. Today I'll straighten up a bit and make some mushroom barley soup for weekday lunchs. Later DH is taking me to Texas Road House for a Bday lunch, thinking about some BBQ Ribs, mmmm. Checked out some lighthouse photos online for the block I need to make. Members of my small group are each making a block of a Jersey lighthouse. These 2 pictures should give me enough to work with. We'll put the blocks into a quilt for entry in our guild's next quilt show. Last show we did an Alice in Wonderland quilt and we even sold it. We used the proceeds to treat ourselves to a movie and a nice lunch. May
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandy-hook-lighthouse.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	36687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandy1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	36688
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 13th, 2013 at 12:31 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Sunday Morning to all! Gina, nice to see your smiling face here. Froze good here last night; around 27 degrees which is very cold for us. Strawberry and avocado crops are sensitive so the heat pots were out last night for sure. Hope to get some sewing done today. Hugs to all and prayers for them as need them.
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.....

I'm working on a tote from Jenny's video - almost finished. Grrrrr....one of handles is twisted so I'm going to unstitch that and turn it and then see if that works. I think my next one will be larger.

My LQS has classes and I think I might sign up for one - not sure which one. She was showing me some of the samples she will be using for classes and they are all so pretty.

I'm going to call and see how my brother is doing this morning. He opened his eyes, on his own, last night....so hope I get more good news this morning.

Well back to working on the bag. Prayers and hugs to all.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a thrill to see that Gina has been here already!! Great to get an update, young lady! Sending you and Abbey hugs. And don't worry too much about Mom unless she leaves home and you can't find her. I forget many things through the day - usually where I've left my glasses or what I had for dinner last night.

I'm debating whether I'll hit the sewing room or start that other group to do my version of the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. I am such a procrastinator. While I have the design all worked out I do need to spend time working each block so everyone can follow my 'directions'. Figuring out fabric requirements will be a chore for me, too since the blocks are so varied in size.

Did anyone catch the Mug Rug that Jess1377 posted. Aren't those just about the cutest designs? I think we all need to challenge ourselves and try some applique. It truly isn't that difficult. After all, Jenny showed us how to do it. And, there's nothing wrong with doing raw-edge applique.

And so, off I go to get organized. But, first, prayers going out to all in need, hugs for those needing special comfort, warm wishes for lots of friends, and may we all have a wonderful day stitching away.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Quilty Friends...hope you all don't mind me posting in your morning thread.

Gina I wanted to share this link with you and others who are dealing with family and friends having memory loss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVD7ZuCe3vY

Article: http://sph-publications.berkeley.edu...llness-letter/

If you deceide to add organic raw coconut oil to her diet to add it slowly unless she really loves coconut. We had some in the cabinet for when I make this raw frozen pineapple icecream and thought I would start incorportating orco (organic raw coconut oil) in my diet and tried some on graham crackers. It went down fine but gave me an upset stomach. Looks like they put it in oatmeal on the video and when I get the first expirence out of my mind I'll try it again. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Happy Birthday Mayinjerset!

Sandy did you also see the Sulky BOM 2013 Donna posted and Lisapc started a Group! The finished wall hanging is Sew Cute!

BOM 2013 (Sulky) Link: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...highlight=2013

Group link: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=68

I'm working on my Farmer's Granddaughter aka Farmer's Wife blocks today and hoping to get some shelves up above my sewing machine.

Praying all enjoy this day the Lord has made, keeping all in my prayers.
    Happy Quilting,
    Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice! Philippians 4:3
    Link: Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
    Link:I Will PRAISE Him!

11. Thanks ginampls thanked for this post