Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Connecting Threads vs. M*QC

I have ordered fabric from CT and really like it....you can get even better pricing when they have had the line awhile. I mean like dirt cheap. They have some really pretty/ cute fabrics too.

2013 = God's continued grace, healthy friends and family, and many wonderful sewing projects
    Jeanette

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Jess. They had "Welcome to Bear Country" Layer Cake for only $24. I can probably get 4 little PICU quilts out of that.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

3. Thanks Melanee thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Green Fairy Quilts is now going to be a real problem for me. I will prefer M* because you can see the whole line. For better prices but not the newest lines I love Thousands of Bolts.

Jess, I am not mad because I still need to build my stash. So, thanks for the link.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use Connecting Thread thread and love it for piecing and quilting. I do use other threads too according to what I'm doing. I have purchased some of their fabric and I like it. I purchase more from MSQC or my LQS because they have a better selection.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered both fabric and thread on Connecting Threads. I will continue to order thread through them, but probably not fabric. To me, it is just not as good quality as M*QC. Two other sites that are very cost effective and good quality are: http://thousandsofbolts.com
    and http://quiltfabriccloseouts.com. Not sure about mailing outside the US, though. M* has such great service, the merchandise is of great quality, they have great selection of fabric lines, shipping is reasonable, the Daily Deal is awesome, etc. Of course it is nice to have choices, but like most of the other forum members, we still like M* the best.

Good luck.
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisapc View Post
    Green Fairy Quilts is now going to be a real problem for me. I will prefer M* because you can see the whole line. For better prices but not the newest lines I love Thousands of Bolts.
    I love Thousands of Bolts too. I first bought some wide backing from them but now find you can't beat their prices.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from both. Had an issue of not getting all the fabrics in a kit I ordered from Connecting Threads and they sent me an entire new kit for free. I recently ordered the kit for those fabulous red fabrics on their site.
    Beth