• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Monday Jan 7, oy

Ok, I'll shut up already and start over. Starting off anything with Monday isn't ideal . . . here goes

Happy Monday to you Folksies!
    Let's share a cuppa and rally each other forward into the new week this new year. Here goes a big ol' bear hug. And another one. I feel like hibernating so here's another one for good measure!

I had an interesting weekend and it was quite satisfactory. I have hopes that my tiny little life will soon be back to normal; I think I mentioned last week that things seem upside down since just before Thanksgiving with all the running, holiday stuff, etc. Today will be my first week in a while that I do NOT have to do any running. That I am aware of. Yet. Next week will be spastic again but I have big hopes that I can get back downstairs and finish off a few things.

I have a few COC's in the works and have been working on a master list of projects to do. I was able to sit down a little bit last week and crank out a few blocks for the Farmer's Grand daughter but need to play a little catch up.

Sis and I had our girls night with Mom on Saturday. We made the poor dear sit and watch episode after episode of Downtown Abbey in an attempt to get her up to snuff since the third season began last night. I have dvr'ed it for viewing this morning; what a delightful pleasure this PBS series has been for me.

Many prayers to those who need it. Smiles follow.

Enjoy your day dear ones!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• quilter.martha
    Missouri Star
    • May 2011

Re: Monday Jan 7, oy

Hi ho, hi ho, its back to work I go. Today starts my crazy 3 1/2 months of tax season. Don't know what the season will bring, but our office is down one key employee, which will mean more work for the rest of us. Hope it isn't too bad.

Went to see Les Mis last night. What a beautiful story of grace and forgiveness! Very well done and if you haven't seen it, go!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• MRoy
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2011

Good Morning! I'm hoping to get back into my everyday routine this week too. There are things I need to get finished at work and at home and I do better when I'm in my regular routine. The big wind chimes on my front porch are singing...that means it's windy here.
      Gonna have another cup of coffee before I get up and get moving. Happy Monday to all!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Good morning friends.

Yesterday hubby and I got on the back roof and shovelled it off. The ladder was stuck in the snow and would not budge. I DID tell hubby that there was another one in the back shed. WELL, I went out and dug my way out there and got the ladder out. DUH!!! What is wrong with men? Or is it just mine. Jeez Louise.

I got my whole living room cleaned as well. The dust bunnies had turned to full-fledged rabbits. I swear. Now that room is done.

I did not share the good news with you before. I got the call between Christmas and New Year that the biopsy came back BENIGN. Doctor still wants me to have a D & C done, so I meet with the surgeon next week. Getting all this cleaning done because I told hubby that I would be down for a couple of days. I am going to play it to the hilt. LOL!!

No sewing done, can't get into the groove. I stand in the sewing room and look around and leave again. I printed off a pattern for a tablet sleeve that I will make Sadie at some point. I have to work this morning, AND it is freaking cold here again today. The temperature will rise throughout the week. Maybe this afternoon I will busy in my sewing room. We will see.

Enough of my rambling. Have a wonderful day everyone.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• carrie liz
          Block Queen
          • May 2012

We are off to Tucson AZ today. We have been packing the RV for several days. I have a couple of boxes of sewing projects loaded. The Tucson quilt show starts on Friday so I hope the trip doesn't wear me out too much. I really want to see all the new stuff the vendors have for sale. We will be there till the end of Feb. I am looking forward to spending time with a friend that winters there also.

Comment

• MRoy
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

That's GREAT news Monique!!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, so happy to hear about your good test results! That had to be a tremendous load lifted.

Blondie, glad you world is settling into its normal orbit once again. I wish mine would get in sync. Tonight after work DH and I are going to take the rest of the holiday decorations to the storage unit and it will finally be done. I need to get my house in order.

I'm not sure what's going on with me....I feel really stressed and out of it the last few days. I think we need a vacation away from work, the apartments and the phone. We didn't get our usual breaks in 2012 but I'm going to make sure we do this year.

Wishing everyone a good Monday...stay safe. Hugs, Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• buckeyequilter
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Good morning....

That is wonderful news Monique!!!!

Well it's back to work 5 days a week. Our next holiday is not until the end of March - so we've got a bit. We're expecting a heat wave this week...high today is supposed to be 35 and by Wednesday 43!

I need to start cleaning house, it has been neglected for way too long. I got in my car to come to work today...well let's just say it needs a good cleaning. All of that will probably be a week-end project. Tonight I plan to cut out all the tumblers for my quilt. I ordered some more charm packs and will have to wait for them, but for now I can do what I can.

Well I better get busy. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.
                Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Monday is currently my official day off!!! Don't be dissin' my Monday!!!
                  Great news, Monique! (and yes, MEN!)
                  Shirley, it's my dd first full week in forever as well...she's afraid she may cause bodily harm by the end of it, as she has gotten so used to NOT being involved in work for the full 40 over these past weeks!!
                  I am getting Layla after Timmy has a dentist appt to make a crown (better him than me, I am usually the one in the dentist chair)
                  We are going to take on her first trip to the museum (never too young for art!!)... Chihuly has an installation at VMFA and I have wanted
                  to go see it ...
                  Then I have an appt with the foot dr to see what his thoughts are on this neuroma of mine...
                  Off again, tomorrow, and it is quilting day!

Have a great one!
                  ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

• MayinJerset
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2012

Good News Monique, glad you shared it with us.

Pretty much have the Christmas stuff packed and ready to be put away. DH wants to take the outdoor wreaths down but I like to leave them up for most of January. That way the wreath box is the last one put up on the garage overhang and it can be the first one down when needed next December.

Did go to Guild meeting yesterday afternoon. Voting for new officers had been delayed because the hurricane cancelled out Nov. meeting but it was done in a flash yesterday. Wish our national voting could be as quick. Friend is our new President and I wanted to be there to congratulate her. She's a lively younger woman and certain to bring new ideas to our guild. Yesterday looking around at the 50 of so members I noticed about half had grey hair, so we need the younger gals to give us their outlook too.

Got to run quick and grab another cup of coffee before DH drinks it all. He fasted last night for blood work at his early morning doctor's appointment and he's back and ready for lots of coffee with his breakfast. See you guys later, May.
                    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 7, 2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2010

Like Blondie said, Oy!

I don't know why but reading everyone's input this morning made me wonder what a person with all the combined maladies would be like. And then it hit me - sounds just like MOI!! I, too, am sure hoping things settle down to 'normal' real soon, although I am not certain what normal means any more. I did offer to spend time cleaning house for DD this week but thankfully she didn't take me up on it. She was able to take her last progesterone 'fix' on Saturday and we are all hoping that this horrible 'all-day' sickness will go away.

I'm still tackling house-cleaning, as well. Al's back is still out of whack and he's been up and down so I take advantage of having him 'out of the way'. I did manage to get all the Christmas decorations back in the storeroom yesterday (the store room just went back on the list of things to do . . . ) and I began rearranging some things in my computer area. Didn't I mention I was destashing? Why didn't I throw anything out from here? Old computer manuals (who ever reads them?), boxes of left-over thank you cards, stationery and envelopes, old floppy discs that I'd never be able to recover data from . . . and why are there so many empty packing boxes under my computer desk? Maybe today if I have a large trash bag in my hand.

Nuff being said here - off to see what the rest of our groups are up to.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2011

Good morning. It is more of an OH than an OY for me. This wood cutting an stacking is killing my back and hips. I could hardly get out of the bed this morning. I did soak in the hot tub for a bit last night. Today is suppose to be close to 50* so I am going to brave the outdoors and do a couple loads of laundry. I sure wish we could get a room built onto the house for a laundry room. I don't mind doing laundry out in the pavilion in the summer but this time of year is not fun.

I am needing to do a very thorough cleaning also. I usually do when DH is gone to a weekend gun show. But I really don't want to wait until the 18th. So I will do a little at a time until he isn't here. Even my dust bunnies have dust bunnies.

I do plan on fitting in some sewing time. I want to get those quilts finished I started. And maybe even make another tote.

Coffee is ready...

Have a great day...and make it a wonderful week.

Hugs and prayers to all.
                        Donna
                        MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• pcbatiks
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

Good morning to all.............Monique so happy to hear your good news!
                          I panicked a little this morning when I thought I couldn't check on the forum..........but then I found the forum link further down the page. Is everyone else's MSQC page out of sorts?

Finished the top of a batik table runner except of border & binding last night. Will post picture when I'm done.

Hope everyone has a good day today!
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• buckeyequilter
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                            Didn't I mention I was destashing? Why didn't I throw anything out from here? Old computer manuals (who ever reads them?), boxes of left-over thank you cards, stationery and envelopes, old floppy discs that I'd never be able to recover data from . . . and why are there so many empty packing boxes under my computer desk? Maybe today if I have a large trash bag in my hand.

Nuff being said here - off to see what the rest of our groups are up to.
                            I don't know...but I save all that crap too. Are the puter police going to come knocking if we throw stuff away? I just bought a couple of packs of thank you cards (I'll keep them till they get old and then throw them out). I haven't dejunked my house in years (DH is a pack rat)....after about a week of not smoking, I usually go on a rampage cleaning and organizing (I know because I've done it before).
                            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2011

Monique, that's such great news!

Carrie, hope you have a great trip and enjoy the quilt show and visiting with your good friend. Share new goodies with us when you get back!

Martha, see you in a few months! My family loved Les Mis too but I'm afraid it will be too sad for me!

Trish, you will LOVE Chihuly. I saw the exhibit in Boston and it was fantastic.

Barb, I hope you'll be back feeling like yourself soon. It is awful to feel out of sorts.

I don't know what to do with myself today. I guess I should follow the lead of so many here and clean up this house. You'd be shocked to find all the dust around here. Why does an old house produce so much of it? Where is it coming from and why can't it leave through the same door it came in? And I just finished a project and am at a loss as to what to do next. Ever feel that way? It's like finishing a really good book.
                              Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                              X