Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Jan 7, oy

Like Blondie said, Oy!

I don't know why but reading everyone's input this morning made me wonder what a person with all the combined maladies would be like. And then it hit me - sounds just like MOI!! I, too, am sure hoping things settle down to 'normal' real soon, although I am not certain what normal means any more. I did offer to spend time cleaning house for DD this week but thankfully she didn't take me up on it. She was able to take her last progesterone 'fix' on Saturday and we are all hoping that this horrible 'all-day' sickness will go away.

I'm still tackling house-cleaning, as well. Al's back is still out of whack and he's been up and down so I take advantage of having him 'out of the way'. I did manage to get all the Christmas decorations back in the storeroom yesterday (the store room just went back on the list of things to do . . . ) and I began rearranging some things in my computer area. Didn't I mention I was destashing? Why didn't I throw anything out from here? Old computer manuals (who ever reads them?), boxes of left-over thank you cards, stationery and envelopes, old floppy discs that I'd never be able to recover data from . . . and why are there so many empty packing boxes under my computer desk? Maybe today if I have a large trash bag in my hand.

Nuff being said here - off to see what the rest of our groups are up to.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is more of an OH than an OY for me. This wood cutting an stacking is killing my back and hips. I could hardly get out of the bed this morning. I did soak in the hot tub for a bit last night. Today is suppose to be close to 50* so I am going to brave the outdoors and do a couple loads of laundry. I sure wish we could get a room built onto the house for a laundry room. I don't mind doing laundry out in the pavilion in the summer but this time of year is not fun.

I am needing to do a very thorough cleaning also. I usually do when DH is gone to a weekend gun show. But I really don't want to wait until the 18th. So I will do a little at a time until he isn't here. Even my dust bunnies have dust bunnies.

I do plan on fitting in some sewing time. I want to get those quilts finished I started. And maybe even make another tote.

Coffee is ready...

Have a great day...and make it a wonderful week.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all.............Monique so happy to hear your good news!
    I panicked a little this morning when I thought I couldn't check on the forum..........but then I found the forum link further down the page. Is everyone else's MSQC page out of sorts?

Finished the top of a batik table runner except of border & binding last night. Will post picture when I'm done.

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Didn't I mention I was destashing? Why didn't I throw anything out from here? Old computer manuals (who ever reads them?), boxes of left-over thank you cards, stationery and envelopes, old floppy discs that I'd never be able to recover data from . . . and why are there so many empty packing boxes under my computer desk? Maybe today if I have a large trash bag in my hand.

Nuff being said here - off to see what the rest of our groups are up to.
    I don't know...but I save all that crap too. Are the puter police going to come knocking if we throw stuff away? I just bought a couple of packs of thank you cards (I'll keep them till they get old and then throw them out). I haven't dejunked my house in years (DH is a pack rat)....after about a week of not smoking, I usually go on a rampage cleaning and organizing (I know because I've done it before).
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, that's such great news!

Carrie, hope you have a great trip and enjoy the quilt show and visiting with your good friend. Share new goodies with us when you get back!

Martha, see you in a few months! My family loved Les Mis too but I'm afraid it will be too sad for me!

Trish, you will LOVE Chihuly. I saw the exhibit in Boston and it was fantastic.

Barb, I hope you'll be back feeling like yourself soon. It is awful to feel out of sorts.

I don't know what to do with myself today. I guess I should follow the lead of so many here and clean up this house. You'd be shocked to find all the dust around here. Why does an old house produce so much of it? Where is it coming from and why can't it leave through the same door it came in? And I just finished a project and am at a loss as to what to do next. Ever feel that way? It's like finishing a really good book.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Monday morning all! That feels like a true oxymoron doesn't it? Well it does for me. I had a weird Saturday. I felt like I was in a state of I don't know what. I wanted to kill someone and snapped at everyone for no reason. At one point hubby walked into the kitchen and just looked at me as if to say "What's wrong?" I said, "I have no idea what is wrong with me, all I know is that I am irritated and want the world to disappear and that includes you, kids, dogs and everyone else including me." I decided to sew and it took me 3 hours to do what normally takes and hour. Good news is that I woke up Sunday morning very calm, relaxed, happy and feeling much more in control. Then it dawned on me that my 8 yr old was a jerk on Friday and that is the only way to put it. He had a slight fever and was just grumpy and a jerk. I tend to have slight fevers a lot because of the Lupus so I am wondering if maybe he had a bug and I caught it? My granddaughter was acting like a brat one day last week and she was sick as well. Maybe their really is a grumpy bug.

Anyway today I have to take the tree down. I don't want to which is why it is still up. I want to sew. I really want to sew but have to take the tree down first. I will make it naked and when daughter, son in law and granddaughter show up late I will beg him to take it out for me.

Happy Monday to all and I hope your day is productive and peaceful!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great New Monique. Well this is my first full week back at work. Our next holiday off is Memorial day in May. But I do have some scheduled days off in between. I have too or I become a bear at work. I have to have some me time. I do plan on getting back into the groove of sewing in the evenings. I'm going to try not to get farther behind than I already am. I have a retreat in two weeks and can't wait. That will get at least three projects done maybe more. I'm taking five with hopes to get them all done. At least four of them are all cut out.

Oh well guess I had better get to this stack on my desk.

Hugs and prayers going out to everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's Monday! Right? Ugh. Ok.....I can do this....
    Monique.....GREAT news! Thanks for sharing that. We can all celebrate good news!
    Dust bunnies. Nope. I don't have them. Never see them. I don't get cobwebs either. (liar liar pants on fire!) We heat with wood so these lil' critters appear overnight! I love the way cobwebs only show up in certain light. The kind of light that's only on when you have a houseful of company and you see a big ol' hunky one hangin' over somebody's head! Yup. Those. Lovely, yes?

I worked on a couple PIF projects this weekend and now I've got to get creative for my January goody to go in my swap box. What an awesome idea those two ladies came up with! This is gonna be an entire year of fun!

Yesterday was a football Sunday. My day was structured around the Seahawks game. Yup, I'm a football fan and my sewing machine is right in view of my TV so I could multitask, I don't because I get so engaged in the game I'd make all kinds of mistakes.
    We're in the playoffs so this is the time I get REALLY into it. If I understand correctly, we need to win two more games and we'll be in the Superbowl. If you're from Seattle this is a HUGE deal. Enough.

Laundry today and maybe a little ironing and then up to the sewing room to hopefully finish up an animal print quilt for my DGD. She FINALLY gave her room a good cleaning and I want to surprise her with this. I should be done in the next day or two.

That's it from my corner of the world. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Take some time to do something just for you! Hugs and prayers all 'round!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, on my computer I still cant's get in via MS, I keep getting the apology page...I got in here through my email, anyone else having problems or is it just me? I have been out of sorts without my forum time! LOL Last night I made the portable design wall that has a tutorial on Riley Blakes website....turned out cute but I made mine a little wider....more like 20 x 30 rather than 15 x 30, my laminate that I bought at Joanns was a full normal yard, evidently the ones sold on his site are a lot shorter than that....it turned out pretty cute and I am proud of myself for see it through!
    Glad to hear the good news Monique! Hope everyone has a great day...off to get ready for work and run a quick errand!

10. Thanks RockyMountainHorseMama thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to all!!!
    It's my weekend off to the dr soon. Then lunch and some sewing...
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64