Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Edinburgh, Scotland

Welcome from Alabama in the southeast of the US. I am coming to your fair city in September and am very excited with the prospect. We are cruising the British Isles so will only be there for the day but it will be a fully packed and exciting visit.
    Come back and visit often.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Loved visiting Scotland! Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your posts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome!!!
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome. I "live down the road" from you in Durham. This is a great place to pick up new ideas.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellabella1 View Post
    I have been quilting patch working for more years that I want to admit to. However I have learnt many new tip on this sight and its clear and welcoming to all abilities. Thanks
    Welcome Ellabella! My ancestors hail from Glasgow, so I think we're not supposed to speak w/o putting up our dukes first?! Well, I'm breaking with tradition and being my American self!

Seriously though, you will love this board. My quilting dreams are all coming true due to Jenny's wonderful tutorials, SO happy about that!

Enjoy and see ya 'round the forum!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm wellcome, I visited Menphise many years ago and loved it!! To my shame never heard of Diana Gabaldon so I've already learnt some thing new! In time I'll get to grips with the sight and post photos etc. regards Ella Bella

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Your very welcome to Scotland but remember to pack your umbrella and thermals. It rained none stop for the last two summer so much so i was thinking of building an Ark. With a bit of luck you can bring the sun with you!! Thanks for the wellcome, Regards Ella Bella

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I love Durham, I try to visit often as have a friend there! Are you in any quilters guilds. I'm not I work away from home a lot so can't commit attending any thing regularly. Went to couple many years ago but was a bit intimidated and scared off but I'm sure they can't all be like that. Regards, Ella Bella

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

O yes! the old East, West or Burger ( Edinburgh ) Weggie ( Glasgow ) Davide! Well we all have our crosses to bare Bridgette! I'll not hold it against you. Ha Ha! Both city's have own beauty and character and we love each other really. We are like a dysfunctional family. We can slag each other but woe betide an outsider making any negative comments!! Thanks for your welcome and I'm so Jealous you have MSQC. There is very little hear and what there is is very expensive! Thanks for the welcome, regards, Ella Bella

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Northern California. Good to see that we are never too old to learn new tricks and techniques.

Martina