• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Re: Is it Friday? Are you serious?

HEY GOOD LOOKING! LOVE YOUR NEW PROFILE PIC! WHAT A CUTIE PATOOTIE! LOVE YOUR PEPSODENT SMILE!

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
    Love checking in to see what ya all have been up to..or going to be doing. I am in my Hybernation mode and can't seem to get awake early enough to accomplish much.

The top is all together for the Harley Quilt and the Backing (this is a reversable Quilt) is 75 % done.. Need to buy some batting and start FMQ the whole thing..( Large twin size ) As slow as I am getting, that ought to keep me busy til Spring..

Thinking of you, May. Hope those bruises heal and you are feeling better soon. Hubby may be getting you a TANK..
    Sandy, Take care of yourself... and those 'baby blues'... ya only get one pair.

Cyber Hugs going out to all..
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• bhaggerty
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2012

Happy Friday all!
      It is even cold inTX! Down in the 40's today!
      Kids are wearing pants instead of shorts!
      Went to work this am, stopped at one store for that quilting mag but no luck!
      Left work at 1 pm b/c DH and I are heading to the big D (and I do mean Dallas) hahaha
      For the Cotton Bowl tonight! Hope Texas A & M plays well!
      Sorry to any of the Soooner fans out there!
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

• buckeyequilter
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

My vote is to take both....then you have a choice of what you want to work on

Have fun on your trip!

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
        Hi everybody!

I am off for a few days. Our yearly "Ladies Go To The Beach" weekend is here.
        Now to decide if I pack the sewing machine, the cross stitch, or just bring both.

See you all on Monday!
        Hugs, Cathy
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• K. McEuen
          Super Moderator
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Ooo, be careful of the Dallas traffic and road construction. That place is crazy on a Friday evening. Last time I was out there I came into town on a Friday evening and it took me 2 hours to get to my sister's house from less than 30 minutes away. It was a mess.

It was cold here this morning, but I finally remembered to wear a coat before I walked out the door. If you have never been to New Mexico, it deceives you. Bright blue, clear skies, sun shining brightly. It looks like it is 80 degrees outside. Then you walk out and it's 18. Most days I just jump in the truck and go because going back in for my coat seems pointless. I need to get over that before I get caught someplace and need it. Oh well, I do always have a quilt in my truck.
          K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

• ADKSusie
            Machine Stitcher
            • Jan 2012

]Happy Friday! I was asked by RockyMountainHorseMomma (Bridgette) to let all her quilting buddies know that she is having computer problems and that she hasn't fallen off the face of the earth. LOL! Apparently, the MSQC'S server and hers do not like each other. As soon as she can get switched over to cable she will be back. She is having major withdrawal. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy Quilting.......

Comment

• quiltingtrish
              Banned
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2009

Oh Nana, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers.
              I'm feeling blah today too. I think it is because the kids are sucking us dry and it's hard to see above the water (did that even make sense?), but I know it will pass someday.

Today just another workday. Tomorrow will be busy - post office run, food store, write the bills. And more snow - hope it's not alot. I'm ready for April!

Hugs,

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                Sandy-------just for you..........yes, I did clean my house from top to bottom in one day and that was after packing and toting 12 tubs of Christmas decorations to the attic! No, I don't have many days like this.....that is why I could brag! And, yes, I will be paying for it for days, but oh, how wonderful it feels now! The only way it was possible is that I spent the last 2 months deep cleaning every nook, cranny, closet, wall and cupboard. Now I can dust and sweep and sail through those tasks called cleaning! I am not much younger than you and I am NOT a minimalist......................just had a really active and productive day! It happens once in a blue moon! I am really trying to spend more time in the sewing studio ....daily if possible...this year! I have to move faster in everything else to get that accomplished. Heaven knows that nothing is going away...............so I have to figure out how to really move it to have time to sew! We are one week into the New Year.....so I can brag.............ask me again in a few weeks!!
                I figured once the aches set in because you had been active that you'd get time to get back to me. But, you truly gave yourself away when you said you spent the last two months deep cleaning. See, I'm just starting. Oh, how I wish I had the energy to do it all in a much shorter time!!!

Do you use the Fly Lady method of cleaning? I'd love to get in a position where I could do her method - I try it and it works for about a week and then I oversleep or something.

I went down to my sewing room a bit ago to get something and could hardly move through it. Still many left overs from all the Christmas sewing. Hopefully I can get in there soon.

Hugs to all!!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                X