Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Janome 6260Q

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Janome 6260Q

Good Morning everyone! I am new to this community of quilters, well, new to quilting! I just purchased a Janome 6260Q, and so far I have no complaints. I do however have a question, and hoping to find other owners of this machine. My question is when you lift the lid of the storage cover on top of the sewing machine, ( where the spool of thread is) a picture of all the stitches is there. The manual explains the decorative stitches, but how do you use the stitches below that, there is a picture of a leaf that I would love to know how to use. Any ideas?? Thanks!

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 6260Q

creativehands, I don't have your exact machine but I do have a Janome, Mine has a mode button that you press once twice or even 3-4 times to select a different set of stitches to work with each time. You also might try googling it. If you've had the problem chances are someone else has wondered about it too.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out this morning, that chart on the cover is an example of what you can do with the different stitches. The leaf that is shown is an applique and the stitch that goes with it. Thanks for responding.

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you figured it out! I hate knowing my machine should be able to do something but not being able to figure it out! There have been times when I've spent hours pouring over my manuals knowing my machine should be able to do this but where does it tell me how!!! Oh the things we rarely admit 8-) Good luck with your leaves!

Are you going to try them after all... even though it's partially appplique?
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I might give it a try! I also found out through the man that I purchased it from that it will take a double needle. No where in the manual does it mention that, I was so glad he pointed it out to me. That is one advantage by buying it at a place where you can go back to, rather than through the internet!