Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday - the first one of 2013

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	far-better-things.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	35176

Good Morning Folksies! It's 2013 - I was in bed almost asleep when it magically became a New Year. Hubs was next to me snoring merrily away. I did roll over and give him a squeeze or two. Happy New Year Darling, says I. Snort, snort snort with a mumble in there somewhere. He may not be a big talker but he did grab my hand which means even in his sleep world, he likes me to be next to him.

Yesterday we made it finally to the habitat restore. It was pretty slim pickings. We met up with middle son Josh there. Gosh, I miss being around that rascal. He is a real sweetie pie. I am certain that I can say here - being the New Year and all - that it is a supremely difficult thing for a Mom to keep her mouth shut and nose out of her kid's business, right? If that is really the case and for ME it is, I should win duct tape award of the year or something. I have three absolutely gorgeous children. Each one so very very different from the other it amazes me. So, I bought a new roll of duct tape. You know the colorful kind that looks like a zebra. Looks real good on me, if I do say so.

Happy New Year Folksies. Wishing everyone the happiest, brightest, healthiest, most funnest, bestest, loving-est, Stupendous year ahead. In fact, to wrap it all up, let's all agree that 2013 shall be
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

2. Thanks Silverlining thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday - the first one of 2013

Good morning...

Thanks for sharing the video Blondie...nice way to start my day and the new year.

I WILL finish a quilt today...I have 2 that need binding. My room had to be rearranged and so I've been doing that....didn't realize how much stuff I have. I will do laundry today because it's back to work tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day everyone and the happiest of New Year's. God Bless each of you!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

I stayed up and saw the new year arrive. I'm heading back to bed for a while...somewhat under the weather...may have caught a flu bug.

Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year. Still got some duct tape left?????? I'm in need too. But that is the way mothers should be, SEE everything, SAY nothing, but HELP when needed. That's my motto for this year. Sounds a bit similar to yours.

SMILE

Michèle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Good Morning,

I stayed up and saw the new year arrive. I'm heading back to bed for a while...somewhat under the weather...may have caught a flu bug.

Barb
    Take care, get some rest and hope you feel better soon.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year ......it's already the 2nd of January in Australia ... At 12.19 am?..bubby did you catch a flu bug or the dreaded hangover bug ......hahaha it's commonly related to new years eve lololollol ...and easily contracted lololol ...
    Last edited by Lisaau; January 1st, 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I stayed up to watch the ball drop and then it was off to bed for me. We are celebrating Christmas today since my husband and son were traveling around Christmas day. Happy New Year!!!
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, Blondie, it's been a long time since I heard that! Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve. I went to the movies with a lady friend, we saw Les Mis, probably one of the most anticipated movies for a long time among theatre goers. It was good, but somehow fell a bit flat. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 1st, 2013 at 10:22 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaau View Post
    Happy new year ......it's already the 2nd of January in Australia ... At 12.19 am
    You Aussies are such over achievers!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha jean lolololo
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :