Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to quilting and new to this forum~

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to quilting and just recently discovered this fabulous website and all their amazing deals. Before I even finished my first quilt, I found myself buying fabric for future projects. I'm excited to make my grandmother a quilt with this fabrc. I need to figure out a nice 10" bella solid to go with it. Its hard to choose =(

Anyways, I just recently got into quilting and I'm currently working on my first project which is a flannel rag quilt for my brother's first baby using the peachy keen flannel series in charm packs. Its a nice, easy project but i still seem to be making quite a few beginner's errors like seem allowance consistency and bunching. Hopefully it will be nice enough to give them and not something to keep for my cats.

Speaking of cats, I have four little balls of fur i take care of and my goal is to make at least one cat themed quilt for myself. I've been constantly combing new fabric selections hoping someone will come out with a new line that's feline inspired but i keep on coming up empty handed. I'm very picky when it comes to colors and patterns. My favorite all time fabric is Tammis Keefe's Contented Cats by Michael Miller

I've come here to this forum to find a community to talk quilts with and learn as much as i can from its veterans. Any and all advice and pointers will be much appreciated. I'm really just so excited to start this chapter of my life.

I'm originally from Detroit but moved to Houston a few years ago after getting engaged. I'm currently a studying Biotechnology at the University of Houston and will be graduating next year

My cats:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	283363_1906681513333_22466_n.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	34949

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to quilting and new to this forum~

Welcome to the group! All you have to do is ask and there are lots of answers to be handed out.
    Love your kitties. Right now, about 5 minutes ago, I had to put a kitten in the bathroom and shut the door. Nothing but energy!! Haha.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

3. Thanks whereiskellie thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

awe! Thanks for the wonderful welcome. The bathroom is our time out place too.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Hi...I'm new here today as well.. cats and quilting just go together, dont they! My last quilt (not the xmas table runner I made) was a cat wall hanging. It took me two years to complete. I'm making a baby quilt next too.....

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I would absolutely love to see a picture of it!!!!!! I bet its beautiful.

And yes i agree- Cats and quilting totally go together. That, and my love for tea. <3

and welcome to the forum too!

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Cats and quilting? -ears perk-

Hooray for fuzzballs, I have a fuzzy black cat that tests out all my fabric projects ;D

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the quilt for your grandmother; I'm afraid to start one for mine, she is a bit picky and she might never approve XD

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...I will post pics next time I'm here.

9. Thanks whereiskellie thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh!!! I wanna see. Please
    May your life be always full, and your bobbins even fuller!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

My grandmother's only request was that it be blue. I need to find a good shade to tie into the layer cake i purchased but its hard to tell from the pictures online.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome.... I currently have one cat on the shoulders and one getting ready to stop the cursor from moving across the screen as i type...I notice that you spell Kellie the right way... glad to see another one on here
    Kellie