Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Giveaway week 89 Dec 15th - 21st

Congratulations to Musical_Starling! You just won 2000 Quilters Cash Points! Happy Christmas shopping to you! That should bring some smiles!

That's great! I don't know if giving away Quilters cash is my favorite thing but it sure is fun! In fact, I had so much fun I want to give away more! Woohoo! Let's do 2500 points this week! All you have to do is tell me if you're traveling for christmas. That's it! We sure are. We're gone today, home tomorrow, back out next weekend and home before christmas! I bet some of you have me beat though You can decide what beat is. Whether its more traveling or more cozying up at home!

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 2500 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway week 89 Dec 15th - 21st

Congrats Dee. Woo Hoo. I guess it depends on your definition of traveling. We will be going to DD's in the very early morning, so we are there when the DGK's wake up to see that Santa has come. Then we will come home for a little rest, then back to DD's in the afternoon for Christmas dinner. So I guess the answer is yes, but only in 5 mile increments.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

3. Thanks Musical_Starling thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Eve is me, hubby, 8 yr old son and the two dogs. We get one present each, an outragoius dinner of some high priced seafood item and then go to bed to wait for Santa. Christmas day my parents come by around noon time and visit for a couple of hours and then my daughter will arrive with her hubby, my 4 yr old granddaughter and the new granddaughter hanging out in her belly until February. They will stay and graze at the huge buffet I make for us all and leave when they are afraid they will fall asleep and not make it home. Since I turned my daughters old room into a sewing room they have to go home.

Congratulations Musical_Starling and merry Christmas and prayers to you all!

5. Thanks Musical_Starling thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yay for me!

No travelling for me this year, my doctor won't allow me to be any farther than half an hour from the hospital. Normally we travel to my parents house, which is about an hour's drive. This is the first Christmas in a while that we'll be spending at home, so I'm looking forward to it, but I know I'll also miss spending it with my parents. So it's a little bit of a catch-22. Safe travels to all of those who will be out and about this year
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for Musical Starling! Have fun spending your points!

We are not doing any traveling during Christmas. Everyone is coming to my house! Yay! My kids are both coming home a day or two before Christmas. Then my mom, sister, niece, niece's husband, great nephew, and nephew are coming for a big dinner during Christmas week. It's my favorite time of year!
    Bec

8. Thanks Musical_Starling thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WooHoo Dee.........congrats! We probably want be traveling much this year.......maybe a 2 hour drive before or after Christmas but home during Christmas.

10. Thanks Musical_Starling thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Every Christmas I go to BIL's. it's only about a 1 3/4 hr.drive. Very doable as a day trip.
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Staying home for the most part. Will go to brother-in-law's Christmas day, but it's less than an hour away.
    Ruth Ann in MA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are traveling but not very far. Christmas Eve we head into Brooklyn (celebrate with my side of the family) spend the night and then Christmas Day we head over to New Jersey to celebrate with dh's side. It will be rough going to work the next day for sure.

Ginny B

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Dee!

If all goes as planned, I'll not be traveling for Christmas this year. Family will be gathering here at "home".
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

15. Thanks mdenzine, Musical_Starling thanked for this post