Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quick n Easy Charm Pack Christmas Gifts - Plus my 1/2 Hex table runners from tut

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    All your projects turned out great! I loved the star tutorial but don't understand how to get the templates. I dont's have a Facebook account...is there any other way to get them? Barb
    Seems a few are interested in making them and I've gotten some pm's about the templates. I'll upload my homemade templates as soon as I can. I'm working all weekend, but think I'll have a bit of time either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. So as Arnie would say, "I'll be back!" <imadork, i know>
    May your life be always full, and your bobbins even fuller!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quick n Easy Charm Pack Christmas Gifts - Plus my 1/2 Hex table runners from tut

Check out the link to the youtube tut I posted on page one, at the top. I am getting ready to share a pic of the templates I made which may make the instructions easier to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by nurrsey View Post
    That star even though made with non Christmas/winter fabric is drop dead gorgeous? Can I ask where you got the pattern?

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	34054
    Here is the template I made. I used my computer monitor as a light box and traced the star point from the youtube guy's fb link. I then adjusted it to the size I wanted, allowing for a 1/4" seam allowance. I used the star point to make a viewfinder and cut out my fabric accordingly. Once I had all five points cut and sewn together, I traced around the star front for the backing, right sides together. NOTE: the star is NOT perfect <> nothing I do is. I'd much rather enjoy the process than worry about perfection. However, with that said, once you sew the front and back together, trim and turn, it turns out really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfilbeck View Post
    Attachment 33980 Attachment 33981 Attachment 33983
    I made the stocking in just under an hour using the crazy quilt method, but w/my charm pack and then found a tut on youtube for the star ornament which took about 30 min. It's poly filled and a button tufts the center, also from a charm pack. I made my star a little larger with a longer ribbon so it can hang on a door or wherever. Then, inspired by Jenny's 1/2 hex tut, I made these three table runner tops. Total time for all three about tops about 1.5 hours. Need to sandwich, quilt and bind them, but that shouldn't take much more time. I'm posting these for other newbs, like me, who may be looking for quick, simple ideas for Christmas gifts. They were all easy peasy!!!

Here's the youtube tut for the star:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Zl_KLdMpo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs Ann

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All your goodies look so nice! The stocking is extra-adorable!
    Bec