Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday - my Hi Ho Hi Ho day . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94575660894350221_lRF0oJyr_c.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	33899

Happy Thursday, Folksies!
    Hubs is on his way out the door and I did sleep last night, after pulling the all nighter the day before, I was rather loopy by mid day. I was afraid if I took a nap I would get all my times and body clocks totally out of whack. So, here I sit, still loopy but coffee makes the world a better place.

My sewing space is a total wreck all over again. I need a total makeover. And I need a totally new brain. I can look at sewing spaces all day but each space is different and after all, I am a slob at heart. Wonder if I could get on one of those reality shows for a make over? Not in the this lifetime. I will re evaluate my area and tackle after the holidays. Until then, the elves are busy with their making and wrapping of gifts.

Prayers being said for each of my dear ones here. Extra for Mr Daisy and Wayne. And don't forget to SMILE.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday - my Hi Ho Hi Ho day . . .

Good morning all!! Nobody could wipe the smile off my face today!! I FINISHED THE TABLE RUNNER FROM HECK! lol Yep. Binding = Complete! A couple of wonky angles, but nothing that you'll notice with your head turned sideways in a snowstorm I'll post pictures once it's washed, because I'm a little worried that it'll fall to shreds and I'll have to re-do it. In which case I'll spend three days crying my eyes out lol But I'm really hoping that a good wash and dry will soften it all and let the binding lay a little nicer. One can hope, right?

I haven't been around in a couple of days, and that's why. I've been stitching away! And my poor fingers are so sore, they definitely need a break! Next up on the list: Twister wreath for DH's grandmother. I still have to make the Dresden table topper from Jenny's tutorial for my Mom, an apron for my Dad, an apron for my nephew, and two 10-min table runners for my sisters. I will get it all done! I will, I will, I will! Plus I still have lots of Christmas shopping to do. DH and I receive mostly money in lieu of gifts for Christmas, which is great because it saves the family members on shipping, plus it ensures we get what we want, but it also means I have to do MORE shopping because I have to buy my own gifts too! lol First world problems, right? Thankfully the doc switched me to Advair, which is helping me a little better than the Flovent alone. I'm able to get around and get things done now, I just have to walk at a regular, calm pace, which is SO not me! I'm usually a blue-arsed fly lol Oh well, better than having to use Ventolin just to get up and pee!

I wish you all a great Thursday! Extra prayers being said for those in need, now off to catch up on what I've missed
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I have sleepless nights from time to time and like Blondie, if I nap it just gets things more outta whack. I wasn't online last night, I was making a twirly scarf with a crochet hook and special yarn. I saw them being made at the fabric shop, thought "I can do that" and made the first of 4 for Christmas/birthday gifts last night. Once I started I couldn't stop for fear of the loops slipping off that slick crochet hook. LOL! It wasn't too bad for my first attempt. The picture below is not mine but shows how the scarves look. Tonight, on to scarf #2.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good morning.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	33902

Good morning everyone. Dee I am glad you are able to get around better these days. Sounds like you will be very busy in the coming days. So sad to say that I did not get everything done that I wanted for the holidays. Work keeps getting in the way. Oh well.

Yesterday was a bust. I realized I had left my purse at the post office the night before. Then I remembered I had an appointment in the afternoon and after that I had to pick up a toddler bed for my granddaughter. WHEW!! I was so disappointed because I only lost 1 measly pound all month. I thought I was doing so well. THEN, my doctor called (not good news when the doctor calls you himself) the PAP smear came back - NOT CANCER- ABNORMAL CELLS-NOT CANCER. So what does that exactly mean? So he will schedule a D & C. I WILL NOT WORRY, I WILL NOT WORRY!!!!!! When I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006, he kept saying IT IS NOT CANCER, BUT COULD TURN INTO CANCER. I ended up getting a mastectomy. ?????? I WILL NOT WORRY! I WILL NOT WORRY!

Sorry dear Friends, I just needed to vent a little. Did I mention that I WILL NOT WORRY!

Today I WILL finish those darn place mats come hell or high water.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I love you all.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    Good morning! I have sleepless nights from time to time and like Blondie, if I nap it just gets things more outta whack. I wasn't online last night, I was making a twirly scarf with a crochet hook and special yarn. I saw them being made at the fabric shop, thought "I can do that" and made the first of 4 for Christmas/birthday gifts last night. Once I started I couldn't stop for fear of the loops slipping off that slick crochet hook. LOL! It wasn't too bad for my first attempt. The picture below is not mine but shows how the scarves look. Tonight, on to scarf #2.
    Myrna, those scarves are very popular up here. Everyone is making them and everyone is wearing one. I tried my hand at knitting them but it was a bust. I bought some instead this year from a friend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

Blondie, I don't want to see you and your sewing area on Hoarders-Buried Alive! lol! It's hard for me keep my little room neat also...it just goes with the territory when you make quilts. I'm fascinated with the Hoarder TV program....DH says I'm a sicko for watching it. I realize it's a psychological issue....still I'm in awe that people can live that way. I knew someone like that once and after Christmas the turkey carcass and all the leftovers from Thanksgiving were still on the dining room table!! Good hearted people would clean her place up for her so Family Services wouldn't take her kids, but it always slid bad to the same condition.

I had a sleepless night Tuesday and was totally out of sync yesterday. I got a good nights rest last night and feel full of energy today. I have to make a run to WalMart for Molly's insulin this afternoon.

Monique, I'm praying for you that all will be well. I know it's a frightening thing. How soon will you have the procedure? The sooner the better for things like this to get them off your mind. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

Myrna, I love the twirly scarf! Can't wait to see yours!! I admire people that can knit and crochet and actually produce something they don't have to throw away or hide (like my stuff!). The only thing I can knit are dishrags. I can crochet enough to make afghans if the pattern is simple. It's been a long time since I crocheted anything. I guess that's why I make quilts.

We need to send up special prayers for Matt, Monique, Wayne and Mr Daisy.

Wishing a good Thursday to everyone....Friday Eve! Hugs, Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; December 13th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

7. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I think it's easier to make these with a crochet hook....pick up 10-11 loops of the net on the hook (skipping every other one), then pull the last loop through the rest and repeat. That makes the ruffling. The store was selling them for $15 each. Mine will cost about $5.50 each (4 rolls of yarn and a crochet hook). My first one will be a dirty Santa gift for work tomorrow.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post

Yesterday was a bust. I realized I had left my purse at the post office the night before. Then I remembered I had an appointment in the afternoon and after that I had to pick up a toddler bed for my granddaughter. WHEW!! I was so disappointed because I only lost 1 measly pound all month. I thought I was doing so well. THEN, my doctor called (not good news when the doctor calls you himself) the PAP smear came back - NOT CANCER- ABNORMAL CELLS-NOT CANCER. So what does that exactly mean? So he will schedule a D & C. I WILL NOT WORRY, I WILL NOT WORRY!!!!!! When I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006, he kept saying IT IS NOT CANCER, BUT COULD TURN INTO CANCER. I ended up getting a mastectomy. ?????? I WILL NOT WORRY! I WILL NOT WORRY!
    I know how you're feeling. I will say an extra prayer for you.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to you! My sewing room is a disaster right now. I really need to finish my king quilt to get it out of there, but I am working on Christmas stuff right now.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and hugs going out to you all, esp Matt, Monique, Wayne and Mr Daisy. I saw where life has thrown a curve at ya..

Just relaxing, staying warm in 3/4 layers of clothes til the new furnace gets here (Monday). Working on that quilt for SnIL.. As slow as I am, It may be next Christmas b4 I get it done. (He's the Harley Man wanting a Harley Quilt)

I'm a knitter and crocheyer, but haven't a clue where to start on that Scarf.. I did want to make one or two.. I have the yarn, needles and skill. Just don't know where to start. Is it a Chain 250+ then work in each chain back to beginning? OH, I just gave myself an IDEA--- Hope it works. Talk to ya later........

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post