Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday - my Hi Ho Hi Ho day . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

Blondie, I don't want to see you and your sewing area on Hoarders-Buried Alive! lol! It's hard for me keep my little room neat also...it just goes with the territory when you make quilts. I'm fascinated with the Hoarder TV program....DH says I'm a sicko for watching it. I realize it's a psychological issue....still I'm in awe that people can live that way. I knew someone like that once and after Christmas the turkey carcass and all the leftovers from Thanksgiving were still on the dining room table!! Good hearted people would clean her place up for her so Family Services wouldn't take her kids, but it always slid bad to the same condition.

I had a sleepless night Tuesday and was totally out of sync yesterday. I got a good nights rest last night and feel full of energy today. I have to make a run to WalMart for Molly's insulin this afternoon.

Monique, I'm praying for you that all will be well. I know it's a frightening thing. How soon will you have the procedure? The sooner the better for things like this to get them off your mind. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

Myrna, I love the twirly scarf! Can't wait to see yours!! I admire people that can knit and crochet and actually produce something they don't have to throw away or hide (like my stuff!). The only thing I can knit are dishrags. I can crochet enough to make afghans if the pattern is simple. It's been a long time since I crocheted anything. I guess that's why I make quilts.

We need to send up special prayers for Matt, Monique, Wayne and Mr Daisy.

Wishing a good Thursday to everyone....Friday Eve! Hugs, Barb
    I think it will depend on the surgeon and when he can fit me in. It could possibly be before Christmas, I am just not sure. Thanks everyone for the prayers.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning....

My sewing room is looks like a war zone too, but like Blondie, mine will have to wait until after the holiday's to get cleaned up. I am working like a mad woman to get my projects finished.

I need to take a few minutes tonight and wrap some packages...have a couple of little kids coming around on Saturday afternoon. I just love giving presents to the little ones...their eyes light up and it's all worth it.

DH was going to put up the tree tomorrow night but I think I'm going to tell him to do it tonight because I have funeral stuff going on Friday evening and Saturday morning (an uncle passed away). It seems like the only time my family gets together anymore is for funerals. My mom's side of the family has a reunion every year, so if I go I get to see some of them then.

Well better get busy....have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers to all.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I will say an extra prayer too Monique. Keep us updated

Update for me: MIL's table runner survived the wash! Yay! Now to see if it survives a round trip in the dryer. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all.

I had a cavity filled and a crown yesterday. My jaw throbbed all night. I woke up at 3:30 am and threw up from the throbbing. Did the same after my morning coffee at 6:30 am. I have tried ibuprofen and codeine and it helps with the throbbing but I am so nauseous. I am supposed to go back today for more dental work but I can't. I am going to call them and see if they won't reschedule it for me.

I am doing nothing but running to B.J.'s for a few things and sewing today. I have so many projects that are almost finished that I am getting nothing accomplished at all but am being "inspired" to start new things way too quick. My list for after Christmas will take me until next Christmas to finish.

I am praying for all of those who need it and hope that we all have a good laugh today over something.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. Sending special prayers out this morning for Mr. Daisy, Monique, Wayne, and Matt. I always include all my quilting family in my prayers each and every day.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Took a drive over to West Plains (including the dogs). Went out to eat which was nice for a change. We didn't get any Christmas shopping done for each other but DH said we would exchange gifts this year. *faint*

Going to try and get some quilting done on the Black and White quilt today. I decided to quit procrastinating and get it done!

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

7. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

I turned on my coffee maker this morning, I have a discrete math final in 30 minutes c: I hope to be semi-awake for it haha

Monique, losing a pound in December is pretty impressive, I know it's my month for gorging on cookies and candy, so good for you! I hope your non-cancer remains that way. Prayers for you!

I got some cute earrings at kohl's yesterday, and my fabric from the M*QC sales came yesterday, so I'm ready to play over the holidays!

I hope everyone has a nice Thursday (: Weekend is coming!

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I got up really late this morning, woke up at daylight but my knee was aching so I willed myself to go back to sleep and it worked but I got up so late at 8:45! Spent yesterday wrapping gifts and getting 3 boxes off to DS#3 & family and 2 DGdaughters who live in CA, plus usual household stuff and I guess it wore me out. Wrote myself a Big Note on next year's calendar - mailed gifts will be gift cards only! Postage for the 3 small boxes was $56.00!

Need to get to my messy sewing room this morning to make the last 4 mug rugs and then I'm closing the door until after Christmas.
    I want to get our tree up this weekend and put out a few decorations. Not entertaining this Christmas, Christmas day we'll be at DGDaughter Catherine's with her Mom & Dad (DS#2) and last night was invitied to DS#1's for Christmas Eve (that was a surprise). Usually have a luncheon for friends between Christmas and New Year's but this year my BFF is having us over. My Granny cousins and I won't be meeting at one of our homes this month as we will be dining in style at an expensive restaurant, one that has $$$ after it. Have to check my wardrobe for a special outfit.

Monique hope you get an appointent and good results ASAP. Keeping you and our friends in need in my prayers today. May
    Last edited by MayinJerset; December 13th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone........it is cold here today. We actually had frost on the ground.....well it's cold for us! I need to get going and try to finish Christmas shopping.

Monique.......praying for you and others in need of prayers.

Wishing a productive day to all of you.....

13. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, prayers dear friend that it will stay with the abnormal cell! Huggers from Don and I

We're going to take a drive to the North Shore to do some Stocking Stuffer shopping to help the local economy. Lunch will be at Cholo's, the closest real thing to Mexican food here on the Rock. lol Dessert will be a big shaved ice. I will take my camera as usual, incase the waves are high or we see dolphins.

Matt is at a level 6 on the pain chart/white blood cell counts haven't gone down yet. Dr Rosen, his surgeon, is meeting with the idiot doctor who didn't say anything, did stomach tests the other night on the stoma and incision. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting.

Enjoy your day, huggers from us!
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning everyone San Diego has found winter its cold and rainy and they say our Mts will get snow...Doesnt help me kick my cough but at leat its not so bad....No sewing this two days off Like Blondie I am a slob at heart and my sewing room has become Christmas central..wrapping and presents everywhere...My pups would love to get into the presents right now if I would let them...Coffee in hand but no motivation to drive in the rain people out here just dont get it and I need to go grocery shopping..if it lets up I may venture out but we shall see.
    Have a great day ALL!!!!
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64