Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Friday, Oct 29

Running late, as usual, just checking in to say good morning and hope that your day is full of fun, happy moments and surprises that make you smile.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Friday, Oct 29

OK! We have to stop meeting like this! How many times is it that we have posted at the same time?

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like sharing my cup of coffee with you, Cathy! LOL. We have nimble fingers for the early a.m. How's the tulle coming along?
    Okay, now I am really OUT OF HERE. wooooshhh
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! Just checking in before going to work. Everyone have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

Everyone have a blessed day!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am doing great slept wonderful. and got through yesterday with very little upset... ( see yesterdays Post.) i had felt all the caring from you ladies... it was wonderful. thanks fro all the support... it means a lot to me to know that you all care ... sniff.

so.. back to sewing.. and yesterday i was able to sort fabric. i tossed icky pieces. and kept the good ones... need shelves... my wish... is to have handy man drop by and just build me a good work space... i am dreaming now... but... it would be grand. i would love to have that kangaroo desk... where it hide all your gear. then you open top and blam... total work station.. with pop up sewing machine.. open a door. and blam... threads and tools.. then lift the othere side. blam huge work surface. then when done with the whole quilt. nice and tidy...

dear fairy godmother.. oh please please please.... pop... perhaps some day...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning
    woke to the sound of another large tree branch crashing onto the back side of the house and another further out in the yard. These are 85yr old / 100 ft tall water oak trees and they get loaded with the acorns and fill with the rain water and CRASH!!! the branchs that are falling now are about 6 or 7" diameter and 5 ft long... ..what scares me is the tree they are falling from! If the very large branch directly above the house falls, it could very well take out the entire backside of the house!! please pray that does NOT happen........ would mean loosing my sewing area!! YIKES!! where will i sort the Christmas Stars?? LOL
    Last edited by pdjewelrylady; October 29th, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear Suzi, sounds like it is time for you to have a date with a man with a chainsaw to remove that branch. I did the same thing to the ash behind my home last year. It gave lovely shade and I hung the bird feeders from the branch but I realized that it was over the roof, and when it was full of leaves it hung LOW. Tree is still there but missing an arm and I feel safer.

Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Big Friday hugs to you all! Suzi gets an extra becasue of her scare. Hope it all gets "calmer" for everyone soon! These fall storms are getting worse it seems. Just glad it is friday. Hopefully quieter at work today but I am whispering it in case the work police are llistening...

Have a great one everyone!

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everybody! I spent the evening cutting the blocks for my own flannel rag quilt.
    I got a good portion of them cut, and am working on them again this a.m. I made a rotisserie chicken dinner last night that was wonderful, but the clean-up seems to take forever!
    Gina, I would love to have wooden shelves too, but that didn't happen, so I found one of those heavier metal shelves, like they have on some of the cooking shows, and they are working out great. I got some canvas baskets at WM and my fabric does well in them. I already had some plastic tubs and they are on there with fabric as well. It's very sturdy and it's overloaded, believe me! I put them together myself too!
    Suzi, I am so worried for you! What a scary time with all of those heavy limbs falling.
    Work for me today too, I work the evening shift, so a bit more time to cut blocks.
    Lola

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, today is swim day for me, but wanted to stop in to say Hi
    Suzi those limbs sound scary and November is a windy month for us , don't know about Florida. I know it is costly to have trees cut but the cost of not having them cut is even more! After Fran(storm) we had like 16 trees cut out of our backyd. Man Jim met at Bojangles cut them for us if he could have the wood. Now there was a good swap! Stay safe, I'm off to swim. Saundra
    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!