Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Adaptation of Sakura Log Cabin

This is my personal challenge. Last month I have taken the class but I could NOT do it, veeeery frustrating, but today I have taken this personal challenge and after 4 hours, I made it. Very excited. Hope you like it, my very first block of log cabin quilt as you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA240016.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	1769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA240018.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	1770  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Adaptation of Sakura Log Cabin

I love your color combinations in this. I would have to be lead by my hand through this as log cabins have always eluded me. I get dizzy just thinking about putting them together.
    Yours are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Adaptation of Sakura Log Cabin

Very lovely - I would say you have mastered that block and challenge!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Adaptation of Sakura Log Cabin

All I can say is WOW! Keep going you are going to have a beautiful treasure with that one!

Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

You definitely mastered that challenge I love it and you should be very proud !!!
    One Moment at a time

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE those fabrics and your blocks are so exquisite and precise, beautiful! One question though, why do they call it "Sakura"? Sakura is Japanese for Cherry Blossom. Was it based upon the fabric of the original creation or something? I love log cabins, and am doing one for hubby for Christmas, just hope it's a nice as these, wow! Thank you for sharing!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Your color combinations are wonderful as are your blocks. You're doing a great job, relax, enjoy!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guy, your are awesome! Iím sooooo excited. When I pick the fabrics I didnít know how it was going to turn up, but I think now it makes sense.

RockyMountainHorseMama, Funny that you mentioned it, The Sakura name it come from the course that Iím doing with Katrina Hadjmichael, HER quilt is awesome, and very Japanese, front side is red and blue, back side is black with flower en different colour scheme, all in Japanese fabrics. It's gorgeous but is her quilt. Iím new in quilting, but I donít like to copy, I like to bring her idea to me and make it my own. I think the quilt name should be "Paisley me".

Thanks again for your encouragement!!!! Love to all.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be beautiful, keep going, colors are wonderful together. Happy sewing!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magx View Post
    Thanks guy, your are awesome! Iím sooooo excited. When I pick the fabrics I didnít know how it was going to turn up, but I think now it makes sense.

RockyMountainHorseMama, Funny that you mentioned it, The Sakura name it come from the course that Iím doing with Katrina Hadjmichael, HER quilt is awesome, and very Japanese, front side is red and blue, back side is black with flower en different colour scheme, all in Japanese fabrics. It's gorgeous but is her quilt. Iím new in quilting, but I donít like to copy, I like to bring her idea to me and make it my own. I think the quilt name should be "Paisley me".

Thanks again for your encouragement!!!! Love to all.
    Ohhh, I seeeeee! That makes sense. I'm new too, that's why I asked, coz I had no idea I agree, I like to make them my own, too. Keep up the good work, you're really good! Thanks again for sharing
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com