Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 87 November 30th - December 7th

Congratulations to Quiltlover! You just won 1000 Quiltters Cash Points! Now my mother did do a little Cyber monday shopping but just a little. I swear I chose the winner through random.org, but when I found the post I had to laugh because Brenda totally has my mother pegged! Of coure you all seem to know her prettty well since, overwhelmingly, you said you thought she'd more likely be sewing than internet shopping! She actually told me, to tell you, that she really doesn't even know how to find those deals! The ones she bought were delivered to her inbox by my brother!
    here's a link to Quiltlover's post http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...l=1#post197949

For today I want to know what inspires you to get quilting! Or do you even need inspiration? Maybe you just get it done because it needs gettin'

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 87 November 30th - December 7th

Congratulations Quiltlover. Have fun spending those points.

What inspires me? Just yesterday I finally folded and put away fabric I bought back in September at the Quilt show in Philadelphia. It is so pretty, it is leaves of browns and golds. Now I want to make placemats for my sister-in-law for Christmas. But it is so pretty I almost hate to cut it up. But I have to if I want to make something pretty, don't I? Oh, decisions, decisions.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations QuiltLover! Enjoy that prize!
    Hm, what inspires me? My first grandson inspired me to make my first baby quilt 8 yrs. ago. All the grandkids who followed did the same thing as I wanted to make each quilt different and special for them. Now I just might see something that I love and have to make; could be a quilt, mug rug, potholder, table runner, bag; whatever! Guess that is why I have so many projects going on at the same time. PS< I am now inspired to make another baby quilt for a new grandson who is due in March>

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Quiltlover...Enjoy shopping! I get inspiration from everywhere it seems. The quilters here of course, magazines, quilting sites ad even from everyday things. I was dropping my daughter at the airport a few days ago and was looking at the pattern in the floor and thought that would make a great quilt. I took a picture and hopefully one day I can produce it

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I get inspired by looking at patterns, looking at fabric, looking at colors, looking at quilt shows. Unfortunately, the problem I have is following through! I'm much better at very small projects, consequently my stash isn't getting whittled down fast enough.
    Ruth Ann in MA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think more often than not, a certain piece of fabric will inspire me to make something.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I know it sounds strange, but when my kitchen is clean...I get inspired to quilt. I'm not sure if it's the relief that it's done and I can relax or if it just makes me want to next...don't know. There's a fair amount of getting it done "because it needs gettin'" as well.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

A pretty piece of fabric will inspire me, then I'm on the search for that perfect pattern. I also love it when one of my family ask for a quilt, then the search is on for fabric and pattern. Three is nothing more gratifying then the look on their face when I can give them a completed quilt.

Congratulations Quiltlover !!
    ​Janet

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I love quilting for a purpose...like making a wedding quilt, baby quilt, etc. Photos of others quilts inspire me to try the pattern and usually add my own touch! Color also inspires me...lots of color!
    Claudia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Quiltlover!

What inspires me?......All the other quilters on this forum! I look at their accomplishments and think...I should be able to do that so I have to give it a try.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom