Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video of my Quilting Frame & DSM (& me quilting!)

In case anyone is interested (or curious), I posted a video of my new Gracie Frame and Janome 1600 P set-up and me quilting on it. You can see it on my blog, here:
    http://www.overthekitchencounter.com...g-machine.html

2. Thanks bellasnanny247 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Video of my Quilting Frame & DSM (& me quilting!)

She's hooked!! She'll never look back!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Angie... i really enjoyed it.... A lot of people here who have wondered,, will get all their questions answered from this i'll bet.... Just wanted to share.... Although, i am a "lot more messy" than you Angie... a lot of time... I will do a quick pulse, or tiny back and forth movement.. when i get to the "end"... just beofe i have to move the quilt.... I raise the presserfoot...leave the machine in place... (either end usually).... roll ahead.. when i get to the spot i want... lower the presserfoot .. then continue on... it leaves thread to clip later... but is effective as a time saver... as i said,,, my quilts are not perfect.. just fun... still haven't tried the pulse button yet... i'm going like a nut trying to get my ornaments done...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! You've got a neat set up. Thanks for sharing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    Great job Angie... i really enjoyed it.... A lot of people here who have wondered,, will get all their questions answered from this i'll bet.... Just wanted to share.... Although, i am a "lot more messy" than you Angie... a lot of time... I will do a quick pulse, or tiny back and forth movement.. when i get to the "end"... just beofe i have to move the quilt.... I raise the presserfoot...leave the machine in place... (either end usually).... roll ahead.. when i get to the spot i want... lower the presserfoot .. then continue on... it leaves thread to clip later... but is effective as a time saver... as i said,,, my quilts are not perfect.. just fun... still haven't tried the pulse button yet... i'm going like a nut trying to get my ornaments done...
    Hmmm...do you mean with the needle DOWN? Or just so you don't have to clip threads? Thanks! It's fun! Haven't had ANY time to play but really want to! Just got my pantographs and want to try them out. Do you use them? I'm worried about lining up the rows...

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Angie, I'm not sure if GrammaBabs means with the needle down or not, but I do. I leave my machine at the lowest point of the previous row (Usually on one edge) and roll my quilt with the needle down. It makes it easier to see exactly how much rolling up I can do to get the most use out of the limited throat space. I think my machine is 11"... maybe 9", I can't remember. Looks like fun though, I was working on mine last night. I am going to use a pantograph for the first time on this one and the pattern I want to use I need to get photocopied, and we are out in the country and I don't have a printer that is working. So this morning I put hubby's work phone and his gas money ON TOP of the pantograph I wanted him to take to town and photocopy. I told him about it last night and this morning and of course he forgot it. lol, I love him but he is such a butt head sometimes! So off to town at some point. However I do know that if my pantograph had been a part for one of his trucks, it never would have been forgotten! But hey, everyone has their priorities!
    Tracy Tucsok

Every artist was first an amateur - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

ok, thanks Tracy!!! Please let me know how the panto works out....(and my hubby's the same! can't find anything, can't remember to take stuff, always late..lol!)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the video but wouldn't have the money to invest even in the Grace frame...but really enjoyed your video...it was awesome!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the video. I appreciate the information you've provided. Looks like you are going to have loads of fun and yes, I am jealous. LOL.

Namaste,
    Koda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Loved that video. That is the set up that I want to get someday. How large of a quilt can you do on the queen frame? And how much room does it take up? Ten feet wide or more? How deep is it...it looks about 5 feet deep or so. I will have to decide on whether to get the king or queen set up. A lot of my quilts are around 95 inches...so I think I would need the king for that size, wouldn't I?

Thanks for posting this!

Gayle