Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happu Thursday Morning

Good Morning Ladies
    I haven't even had a chance to do more than read yesterday's discussions. No time to catch up and today is work day for me.
    Had a great time with sis, then when hubs came home from work that was all she wrote. I made a shepherds pie for his supper. Poor Luscious Larry has a terrible head cold. I got out the vaporizer and babied him pretty good. We both had a fairly restless night, so I am going to take the hottest shower I can stand and open up my eyes real good.
    Will try to read a bit more and then check in later.
    Big blessings to everyone for this day

Okay just saw where I mis typed Happy to Happu. Gina, we are related!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Happu Thursday Morning

Good morning, I'm off to quilting class. I'm hoping my energy catches up with me, cause I lost it. Have a good day everyone, I'll be back on tonight if I can still see where I'm going.
    I was born a night owl, and these early mornings are killing me. Love to all, Jan

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happu Thursday Morning

Good Morning All! I am trying to catch up on messages from the last couple of days. Tuesday was my day with Ace, and yes I cherish every moment I get to spend with him and feel very fortunate that I am able to help out by babysitting him 1 day a week.
    Yesterday was youngest DD's treatment day at the hospital. She also had another Dr. appt. in the a.m. then the full afternoon in treatment, so it was a very long day. I did get 2 in progress crochet projects done while we were there, so that's 2 things off my list--but it still keeps growing daily!
    Today, I am going to try to catch up on some things around the house, and sign more of my swap blocks. My goal is to mail them on Monday.
    I wish everyone a successful day, whatever you are doing!
    Lola

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick good morning as well. Blondie hope LL gets well soon. Jan hope you have fun at your class. I am an early bird so evening classes are hard for me. Lola sounds like you have a had a full couple days and speaking of catching up I must sign off and get my you know what in gear!
    Have a great day everyone. HERE is your morning hug...

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone! Guess who is up early this morning. I missed the daily deals two days in a row and thought I better check in early. Glad I did!! Going to clean my carpet in living room today. That's the plan anyhow. Hope everyone's day is great and smooth, no bumps in the road. LOL See ya later sweet potatars!
    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy fellow quilty ladies!

Nice to be greeted in the am with all your friendly remarks!
    Blondie - I hope LL's cold gets better soon! Men just love that extra caring when they don't feel well don't they?
    Jan- Good luck at quilting class.
    Lola - Sounds like you have been busy. Can't wait to get your blocks from the swap!
    Sally - Thanks for the hug....everyone can always use an extra hug or two!
    Saundra - Come over and clean my carpet when you are done. With two 1 year olds visiting us often there sure are alot of loving little spills that happen!

The next 4 days are busy social days for me. Not sure when I can work on my projects again. Going to carve some time on Saturday I guess. Need to finish up our Halloween costumes! All of us that are making costumes should post pics of them. I love to see how creative people are!

Well I am off to the bank and post office. Going to get my blocks mailed to Suzi today!

Wishes for a great day and love to all!
    Patti

Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday Morning

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    Sorry I have been missing doing alot in the house ...In one day we completely redid our bedroom from paint to putting down a new beautiful dark hardwood floor. Its absolutely beautiful. Rodney is self employed and had two days off ...which actually only turned into one but was just enough time to inspire him to do the bedroom. Yipee!!!
    I missed everyone and have not had a chance to catch up on anything on line..The cleaning mood is such a nice change from feeling blahh...My only problem is my ankles...One of the new med's ..the one to make me sleep is a definite no no...so I'm off it and hopefully my ankles will come down..Bright side is I laughed when I was joking that they looked like pumpkins and who-la Jenny did a pumpkin tutorial....Hmm is it a sign ?? LOL
    I hope the swappers are finishing up and proud of themselves for all the hard work.
    Patti sounds like life is busy and happy ....congrats on mailing your blocks ..
    Sam thank you after reading your post I checked the daily deal I had even forgotten to do that LOL
    Lola I hope you and Ace had a great day. I admire you for being able to quilt and crochet ...seems I cant do two crafts at time but I so love crochet ....I miss it alot. I used to take it to the girls sporting events and games...kept my hands busy and my lap warm....ohh those cold New York nights bring back some memories.
    Jan I hope your class goes well and that you can get some rest tonight ...Its such a big day for you I worry with you going that far for a class. I say ...Bring on the classses Jenny!!
    speaking of classes im taking a little 3 hour one in town ..if all goes well. Its Needle Turned Applique by Machine. Ive never used freezer paper templates but have read alot ...so cross your fingers.
    Blondie Im sorry to hear Larry is not feeling well. Good thoughts and prayers and coming his way. Sounds like you and your sister had fun
    Last night I put together just a small table topper ...and had your blog music on in the back I wish their was a way to burn that ...such beautiful and great songs you have
    I hope everyone has a beautiful day ....here in Virginia we are under a wind advisory...Until I moved here I had no idea the wind could get this bad with the sunshine shining beautiful .....It's even too windy for me to ride my broomstick haha....with my luck I'd end up in Kansas ...LOL
    Love and hugs
    Laura
    One Moment at a time

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am puzzled with myself.....NOT a new thing, but I can't figure it out for the life of me!
    I know I made 4 extra blocks for the swap, but as of this moment I only have 2 extra? even more puzzling they are both the same colorway? So.....in my mess (where I always know where everything is-LOL) I have 2 missing/matching extra blocks and I can no longer say 'I know where everything is'!! what a bummer on both counts! LMBO!!
    But, I do have all of the blocks for the swap pressed,squared up and pinned together!! It feels sooo wonderful to have completed the blocks for this swap, my 1st. So, I should make my goal of having them mailed by/on Monday!
    Laura, don't be impressed by crocheting and quilting! You can do it too, I love the crochet as it's portable where much of the quilting process is not portable. I am not into quilting blankets, would rather make quilts, but I do love to do dishcloths and potholders--and yes, I use them and think they are the best! I need to make some of Gina's crocheted scrubbies.
    Lola