• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NannaJ
    Fabric Fanatic
    • Nov 2012

Love MSQC

Hello, I found Jenny on Craftsy, signed up for a class which led me to the MSQC website. Why I have never found them before now is beyond me... but wow, I am thrilled and lovin the tutorials and the fantastic selection of precuts and fabric by the yard. I have been sewing since I was 5 years old, but quilting has been rather elusive for me as I struggle with having everything "perfect"... just ask my family. I have been married for over 47 years to my wonderful husband who is a retired Naval Officer.. society considers my status "retired" but I find that my days are busier than ever. I assist our daughter with the homeschooling of our two granddaughters (8 & 9), both love sewing, one is already designing clothes and quilt tops and loves the MSQC tutorials. I look forward to getting to know everyone on the forum.
  • BellasQuilts
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2011

Re: Love MSQC

Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, NannaJ! I am in California and also found this wonderful place through Jenny's tutes! We look forward to getting to know you. You will definitely enjoy it here!
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

• auntiemern
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Welcome to this wonderful place. No need to strive for perfection in quilting. Little mistakes are what make them unique, and add character to what we create.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

• Gayle8675309
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2011

Welcome NannaJ! You'll love the forum, we have a wonderful group of people on here.

Perfection...I hear ya. I get down on myself when I make mistakes, which is usually whenever I'm quilting. LOL. I'm not perfect, neither are my quilts. But still, I love quilting, so I keep on going!

Gayle
        Gayle

Comment

• Sandy Navas
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2010

Another big welcome. We're looking forward to getting to know you, too!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Crumberly
            Rotary Pro
            • Oct 2012

Hi and Welcome, I also found this place through Jennys tutorials on youtube. I ahve yet to take her class at Craftsy but plan too on my week vacation next week!
            Kim

Comment

• Winniesfriend
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2012

Hi and welcome to the forum from South Australia.
              Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

• nana margaret
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2012

Hello and welcome from another nana in England. Before I found Jenny's tutorials and this forum I believed unless all your points were pointy and all your seams matched perfectly you had somehow failed. This is what I'd concluded from reading quilting books and other sites. This forum has given me permission to make small mistakes and taught me the true meaning of quilting which is the joy of giving something you've made to someone you love, knowing you won't be judged. Happy quilting.

Comment

• Bubby
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Hi and welcome to the forum. I discovered Jenny on YouTube one night when I couldn't sleep and the rest is history...found myself a new parking place and family! Visit often so we can get to know you. Barb
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Beverly
                    Binding Belle
                    • Sep 2010

Welcome to the friendliest place on earth, the M*QC forum, you are gonna love the visits! And we can't wait to see pictures of any sewing.
                    Bev from cloudy misty Florida (this morning)

Comment

• lilmouse
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2011

Welcome from Wisconsin...you will love it here...lots of help and inspiration and no quilt police are allowed here!

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2011

Hi and welcome from New Hampshire. I am a grammie of six and help one of my daughters homeschool her two sons. One of them asked me the other day, "Grammie, why do you love making quilts?" He's five and wants to help me, wants to be the one to turn on the sewing machine and play up on my large sewing table when I'm working. Maybe I can make a quilter out of him? I'm so glad you're joining the forum. I hope you make yourself right at home here!
                        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                        X