Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default TGIM - Thank God It's Monday

Name:  I heart mondays.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  11.0 KB

Happy Monday Folksies! My day off! Today is all about ME. ME. ME. ME. ME. ME. Monday is my real Saturday since Sundays I generally get up early, do the whole family thing,

I plan on doing nothing but sipping coffee, eating cookies, watching trash tv, not answering the phone, and whatever else I want to and not want to do. After all, it is ME-DAY!
    Hope you woke up just as happy as I am that's it Monday. If not, and you feel ambivalent about today, well, chickies, that is how I feel on Thurs, Fri and Sat. By Wednesday I am already dragging my feet thinking of all the fun I am gonna be having on Thursday. yeah. right. But one thing is soooo true. Time does seem to fly these days and I remind myself that Monday is on the way.

Huggles, prayers and lots of SMILES for everyone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smile_glitter_sun.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	31417
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TGIM - Thank God It's Monday

Good morning! Enjoy your Me-Day Blondie. I have some me-days coming this week and next. Tomorrow and next Monday are work holidays for me and I'm take the day off this Friday. I don't take much time off from work and I'm looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone a great day!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Blondie I sure hope you enjoy your day. I wish I could get a ME day around here. Lucky you.

Woke up to the sound of a nice gentle rain. I don't know if it is suppose to rain all day or not. Haven't heard the weather yet.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was in the 60s. We pulled some weeds and did some mowing. DH did some brush-hogging with the tractor and it really is looking rather nice. Except for all his trailers and "crap" that he has sitting around.

I got my smiley face quilt top finished and sandwiched yesterday, so hopefully I get a little time today to start quilting it. My mind is already thinking of what I want to do next. I still have a couple UFOs so I probably should get them out of the way before I start a new project. But we will see.

DH called the conservation officer and talked to him about the poaching problem. This area has always been an area where lots of "old time" hunters have road hunted because there weren't any people living here. We are getting some signs from the Conservation department to put up. I guess they kind of let the road hunters know they are being watched. We have security cameras and DH is thinking of making a sign that says: "smile, your on candid camera!" and "smile, the trees have eyes!" LOL

I can't believe I am up this early. And it wasn't even the dogs that woke me up this morning.

Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I am HOME! Whoo hoo! Missed everyone! I am forced to go to work..for 5 days straight, mind you, lol...Not a ME day at all...but. I have about a gagillion photos...and when I get them up, I will let everyone know!

We had a fantabulous time!!!!
    I know I have lots of catching up to do, but let me toss a lovely warm blanket hug over any and all in need!!!
    Take care!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

We woke up to rain this morning. Miss Molly hates to go out in the rain, so Daddy carried her out and held an umbrella over her so she could go potty...she's not spoiled at all!

Yesterday I worked on a quilt binding (the hand part) and today my hand is so sore. I took Aleve before I began sewing but it didn't help. It's looking like I might have to learn to bind using the machine. I need to make some quilt labels today, so this will give me something fun to do.

Blondie, enjoy your special day. I will have some me-days the end of this week when DH goes hunting. Last year he was supposed to be gone a week, so I thought I would do some deep cleaning and then sew for the last 2 or 3 days. I did the cleaning, but DH came home on the 4th day and there was no time for sewing! It won't happen that way this year!

Tomorrow is election day and all this commotion will be over with soon.

I hope everyone is safe today. Have a great day....Hugs, Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Raining here in St. Louis also. It's a work day for me, but not an early morning day. I'm working on washing stinky costumes, and getting that stuff ready for storage. My sewing machine is being serviced with a professional cleaning, so the quilts I want to work on will have to wait til that gets back.

Hope you all have a good day!

Donna, we lived out on a gravel road in rural Mo. For a while. Hunting season always scared me, because I was afraid of road poachers. But most of our neighbors hunted, so you never knew where the shots came from. I hated that time, seemed like it could be dangerous to be in the woods with high powered rifles shooting from all directions! And our house was in the middle of the woods. And the former owners let certain people use the property for hunting. I posted it as soon as I got the title!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just had to pop back in. Sitting here reading e-mails and stuff and it just started HAILING! The rain was okay but then the thunder and lightning started and now we have tiny little hail stones bombarding us. It is a bit chilly in here too so maybe it will be a fire in the wood stove kind of day.

Jean.... There are no hunting signs and the good old Purple Paint on the trees (which means no trespassing here in Missouri) and we still have the road hunters. We live in the woods too but luckily up on top of our hill and we hunt on the down hill side away from the road.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful weekend I had! I'm still feeling the happiness of it even though Monday has come to stay. Saturday I met lovely Fannie (Bailey65), her nicest-of-men husband and all her family of snowpeople. It was such a treat. She is a real sweetie and I hope I've made a new friend. We also went to a quilt show and saw some amazing quilts. We just wandered and wandered looking at those beauties. And the vendor mall was just as much fun! Filled with quilts and all kinds of yummy things. My goal was to buy one spool of charcoal colored thread and I almost stuck to that - I also found an artist's signed bookmark for my SS that I hope she'll love. We've started bringing very little money to quilt shows or else, well, you know what. Who thinks of food or phone bills when there are thousands of things I need at all of these little shops?

Sunday was different but just as nice. I worked on a baby quilt of pinwheels and have it ready to go under the needle. I started a little Christmas quilt for my SS, played scrabble and worked in the garden. A full day then a relaxing day equals a very perfect weekend.

Today I am going to quilt and sew and cook and clean (if I must, I must) and relax and pray about the election. That's my day. Plus anything else God puts in my path since you never know with him, right?
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning...

It's a beautiful day here in Ohio...a bit cold though. Of course since it's Monday I'm back to work.

This week-end I made a quilt top but need to get fabric for a border and back (don't know who I'm giving it to yet). I'm still working on the decorative sitching on my DD's quilt. All I need to do with my brother's quilt is trim it up and put the binding on - I might just get that out of the way this evening. I've been putting the binding on by machine and getting better at it.

We live in a wildlife area and on the first day of each hunting season I can hear gunshots all around us. Sometimes I get nervous driving through there because you never know when someone will shoot towards the road.

Blondie: enjoy your ME day! Everyone have a wonderful day. Prayers are being said for all those that need and want them.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Monday morning. We awoke to a little sprinkling of snow on the ground this morning. Blondie, enjoy your ME-Day!!

Yesterday our friends and us went to the race track for dinner and some betting of course. We all threw in $20 bucks and used that to bet with all night. We came out ahead and it payed for all of the dinners. We had a really nice time. Our friends stayed overnight last night.

Today I am making my SS something. It is only little but it is from the heart just the same. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!